Jim in PA

Default Skil router, Bosch table base?

I want it all, but I don't want to pay for it ... so I ask the following
question: Does anybody know if the Bosch RA 1165 under-the-table router
base will work with the Skil 1825 router? I know there is a Skil router
base for under the table, but it apparently doesn't allow for adjustments
*through* the top.

The table that came packaged with my Ryobi router is starting to show some
wear and tear ... but it got me through some projects and taught me that I
really need to have a good router table.

I eagerly await the wisdom of the group.

Jim in PA

BillyBob

"Jim in PA" wrote in message
.105...
I want it all, but I don't want to pay for it ... so I ask the following
question: Does anybody know if the Bosch RA 1165 under-the-table router
base will work with the Skil 1825 router?

Hmmm, kind of an offbeat request. Routers are very, very proprietary in
their construction, except for little things like use of porter-cable style
templates. I doubt your combination would work, but you can be the first to
report it to us.

Bob

Edwin Pawlowski

"BillyBob" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Jim in PA" wrote in message
.105...
I want it all, but I don't want to pay for it ... so I ask the following
question: Does anybody know if the Bosch RA 1165 under-the-table router
base will work with the Skil 1825 router?

Hmmm, kind of an offbeat request. Routers are very, very proprietary in
their construction, except for little things like use of porter-cable
style
templates. I doubt your combination would work, but you can be the first
report it to us.

Chance though, as Skil and Bosch are the same company. Lowe end consumer
and higher end pro tools.

Jim in PA

I'll buy the base, and if it doesn't work with the Skil router, I'll either
return the base or take it as a sign that I need to upgrade the router ...
Still eager to hear whether anybody knows about this for sure.

Thanks as always!

Jim in PA

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
m:

"BillyBob" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Jim in PA" wrote in message
.105...
I want it all, but I don't want to pay for it ... so I ask the
following question: Does anybody know if the Bosch RA 1165
under-the-table router base will work with the Skil 1825 router?

Hmmm, kind of an offbeat request. Routers are very, very proprietary
in their construction, except for little things like use of
porter-cable style
templates. I doubt your combination would work, but you can be the
first to
report it to us.

Chance though, as Skil and Bosch are the same company. Lowe end
consumer and higher end pro tools.

Router Station in Table Saw Extension Bob Woodworking 11 August 23rd 05 01:09 AM
router for a Porter-Cable router table? Dave Gower Home Repair 8 March 2nd 05 05:55 AM
router table setup Lewis Woodworking 6 November 25th 04 05:02 PM
A Go To Hell Router Table Unisaw A100 Woodworking 7 August 3rd 04 01:07 AM
Porter Cable 690 router mounted to TS extension, do I use plunge base or standard Montyhp Woodworking 3 July 24th 03 02:58 PM