Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Best way to spread contact glue???

On Sunday, December 27, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Michel Diotte wrote:
I have made 2 plastic laminated tops and I have used contact cement.
I am using mdf as a base for the tops. I find that spreading the glue can
be very tricky as the glue penetrates and starts drying as it is spread.
This causes build-ups in some spots and some areas are starved for glue.
What to do???
Any feedback will be appreciated.
Thanks

Michel Diotte

if you're using a roller, apply the cement with a squeeze bottle, similar to a wood glue bottle. if you lay the cement out in evenly spaced lines across your material, it rolls out more evenly.