Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Table Saw Help

On 06/19/2016 7:27 PM, Meanie wrote:
I plan to pull the bearing and replace it. A friend has a bearing puller
which I will get tomorrow.

Seems the reasonable choice to me since you were happy with the saw
otherwise...I'd offer if you were anywhere close by... -- but sounds
like you've got it covered.

Posted to rec.woodworking

--

Offer?

Pulled the bearing, picked up another locally, just finished installing
it and assembling the saw. Along with a good cleaning and lube, it's
like new again.

Thanks again.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 4:40:10 PM UTC-5, SBH wrote:

On 6/20/2016 12:59 PM, dpb wrote:

On 06/19/2016 7:27 PM, Meanie wrote:

I plan to pull the bearing and replace it. A friend has a bearing puller
which I will get tomorrow.

Seems the reasonable choice to me since you were happy with the saw
otherwise...I'd offer if you were anywhere close by... -- but sounds
like you've got it covered.

--

Offer?

Pulled the bearing, picked up another locally, just finished installing
it and assembling the saw. Along with a good cleaning and lube, it's
like new again.

Thanks again.

👍 Piece a Cake!

***
***
*
**
*
*
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 06/20/2016 4:40 PM, Meanie wrote:

Offer?

To pull it or provide the loan of the shop to do so...as you seemed
uncertain it wasn't _a_big_deal_ in your initial posting.

Glad it went well; did the shaft show any sign of the heat having blued
it, too...?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/20/2016 6:34 PM, dpb wrote:
On 06/20/2016 4:40 PM, Meanie wrote:

Offer?

To pull it or provide the loan of the shop to do so...as you seemed
uncertain it wasn't _a_big_deal_ in your initial posting.

Glad it went well; did the shaft show any sign of the heat having blued
it, too...?

--

Appreciate the offer.

The shaft look very good. After pulling the bearing off, it was nice and
shiny. THe winding part which make contact with the brushes was the only
discolored area, to be expected.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, June 18, 2016 at 3:07:19 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I have an old 1968 Craftsman 10' table saw. This was the high end
craftsman, not the elcheapo.

I would imagine that a 10 foot table saw would not be an elcheapo.

I'd love to hear that thing come up to speed. ;-)