Posted to rec.woodworking
Fingersintact

Default G1023SLW 10" Left Tilt Cabinet Table Saw w/Router table

Greetings!

I am getting ready to order the G1023SLW and wanted to see if anyone
out there has tried their new saw with the attached router table. I
have done the exhaustive review search (like everyone in my position I
imagine) and have checked with three or four retail stores (who all
"bashed" Grizzly) ....I like the Powermatic 66, as well as the Delta
Unisaw.....but with the money I save on the Griz.....I can put it
torwards that 8" Jointer I wanted which Grizzly is offering for $795
delivered (straight blades). I have heard a lot of good things on this
group (and others) regarding Grizzly.......so I am willing to gamble.
Its got to be better than my 3 yr old Rigid contractors saw! (which has
served me very well by the way).

Thanks,

Frank

Posted to rec.woodworking
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

"Fingersintact" wrote in message
ups.com...
Greetings!

I am getting ready to order the G1023SLW and wanted to see if anyone
out there has tried their new saw with the attached router table. I
have done the exhaustive review search (like everyone in my position I
imagine) and have checked with three or four retail stores (who all
"bashed" Grizzly) ....I like the Powermatic 66, as well as the Delta
Unisaw.....but with the money I save on the Griz.....I can put it
torwards that 8" Jointer I wanted which Grizzly is offering for $795
delivered (straight blades). I have heard a lot of good things on this
group (and others) regarding Grizzly.......so I am willing to gamble.
Its got to be better than my 3 yr old Rigid contractors saw! (which has
served me very well by the way).

Thanks,

Frank

Do a search for reviews on the G1023SL. I believe it's the same saw less
the longer rails and router table.
I have the 1023SL and have found it to be very nice. I went ahead and put
the longer rails on it with the extension
table (which I plan to mount my router in, some day) so basically it's the
1023SLX I believe. I just bought their
G0586 jointer and am awaiting arrival. I've been pretty happy with their
large machinery.
Cheers,
cc

Posted to rec.woodworking
Javier

Fingersintact wrote:
Greetings!

I am getting ready to order the G1023SLW and wanted to see if anyone
out there has tried their new saw with the attached router table. I
have done the exhaustive review search (like everyone in my position I
imagine) and have checked with three or four retail stores (who all
"bashed" Grizzly) ....I like the Powermatic 66, as well as the Delta
Unisaw.....but with the money I save on the Griz.....I can put it
torwards that 8" Jointer I wanted which Grizzly is offering for $795
delivered (straight blades). I have heard a lot of good things on this
group (and others) regarding Grizzly.......so I am willing to gamble.
Its got to be better than my 3 yr old Rigid contractors saw! (which has
served me very well by the way).

I have the 1023SL, which differs only in that it doesn't have the
attached router table.

The saw arrived in fine shape, and didn't need much tuning to get it all
straight and square. I recently moved across the country, and it held
its tuning very well, only minor tweaks were needed.

I have seen Grizzly being target practice in this group and other
forums. I don't know how their quality used to be, but besides the
1023SL, I have their G0555 bandsaw, and both perform very well for me.
The only problem I had was that the fence for the 1023SL didn't arrive
with the saw shipment. I called Grizzly, they found that it was their
mistake (the fence ships in a separate box, they didn't include it with
the saw) and promptly shipped the missing fence, which arrived two days
later.

-jav