Posted to rec.woodworking

Default air hoses

have just a few air tools

i like them and they are all lighter than their electric analogue

but the air hose is almost like torture
well it falls in the same category of dropping a small part and having
it always land where it is not clearly visible

a continual annoyance might be the better description

but now i see that there is a hose that claims to not coil and catch
and annoy and behaves more like a good power cord

anyone tried one

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote in news:niurp9$3pb$2
@dont-email.me:

have just a few air tools

i like them and they are all lighter than their electric analogue

but the air hose is almost like torture
well it falls in the same category of dropping a small part and having
it always land where it is not clearly visible

a continual annoyance might be the better description

but now i see that there is a hose that claims to not coil and catch
and annoy and behaves more like a good power cord

anyone tried one

Did anyone try an unnamed hose identified by a bit of marketing speal?

I do have two Flexzilla hoses. They're pretty good and do remain pretty
flexible when the temperature drops below 50F, unlike the PVC hoses.
I've got rubber and PVC hoses, and the Flexzilla beats them both.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 08:17:28 -0700, Electric Comet
wrote:

have just a few air tools

i like them and they are all lighter than their electric analogue

but the air hose is almost like torture
well it falls in the same category of dropping a small part and having
it always land where it is not clearly visible

a continual annoyance might be the better description

but now i see that there is a hose that claims to not coil and catch
and annoy and behaves more like a good power cord

anyone tried one

I've used air for decades, and the only ones that "coil and pinch" are
tghe cheap crappy "coil up" type. There are high quality coil-up hoses
but they are not cheap. Cheap coil-up hoses have a lifespan in normal
use from 5 minutes to a couple months.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/4/2016 11:39 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Sat, 04 Jun 2016 21:52:56 -0400
wrote:

I've used air for decades, and the only ones that "coil and pinch" are
tghe cheap crappy "coil up" type. There are high quality coil-up hoses
but they are not cheap. Cheap coil-up hoses have a lifespan in normal
use from 5 minutes to a couple months.

have a regular hitachi that is good quality
i avoided getting a coil up type because they are even worse than
just plain hoses

For a wood shop, coil up hoses are what you want. They are there when
you need them and go away when you don't. I don't want air hoses laying
around on the floor, and don't want to roll them up each time I use
them. Trick to the coil type is to have a good method and place to
store when not using. I use a bar magnet that my blow gun sticks too.

Of course, you probably need both types. I have several regular hoses so
I can go out to 150' if needed.

I've used a "cheap" coil type for at least 25 years with nary a problem.
Of course 25 years ago "cheap" may have been less cheaply made than
today. It will "tangle and pinch" if you let it, but shows no signs of
wear. Should last another 25 to 500 years I think.

and these are the hoses was reading about
have not seen one yet in person

home depot #

HFZ3850YW2

That's the same brand Puckdropper said he liked, so forge ahead.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , says...

wrote:

[...]

Just a note, but my cheap coil hose blew out for no apparent reason one
morning and scared the crap out of me. I haven't had that happen with
non-coil hoses that are even cheaper.

On the other hand, one cold morning I stepped on a PVC hose (not under
pressure) and it _broke_. I don't mean it got a little hole, it snapped
in two like a twig.

I was short of cash and needed a length of hose, so I went down to HF
and got one for 17 bucks that was billed as "low temperature". I
figured if it lasted until summer I would be happy. It's been living in
my driveway for three years now and still seems like it's happy, so I
have no complaints.

Posted to rec.woodworking

have just a few air tools
but the air hose is almost like torture
but now i see that there is a hose that claims to not coil and catch
and annoy and behaves more like a good power cord
anyone tried one

Standard PVC and Rubber air hoses are fine for construction work. They're
tough and can take a beating from boards falling on them, wheelbarrows
running over them, or dragging across floor decks. Unfortunately, in a
workshop they usually remember the coiled shape and are like fighting a
snake in the shop.

I recently bought a "Flexzilla" air hose (3/8 by 25' I think). I've only
used it a few times, but so far it does seem to stay flexible and doesn't
remember the coiled shape. I'm not crazy about the fluorescent green color,
but everything has it's negatives.

I did have to buy my own quick disconnect fittings for the new air hose.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 5 Jun 2016 15:23:38 -0000 (UTC)
HerHusband wrote:

I recently bought a "Flexzilla" air hose (3/8 by 25' I think). I've
only used it a few times, but so far it does seem to stay flexible
and doesn't remember the coiled shape. I'm not crazy about the

will have to get one of these and save the hitachi one for outdoor
work

Posted to rec.woodworking

HerHusband wrote in
:

Standard PVC and Rubber air hoses are fine for construction work.
They're tough and can take a beating from boards falling on them,
wheelbarrows running over them, or dragging across floor decks.
Unfortunately, in a workshop they usually remember the coiled shape
and are like fighting a snake in the shop.

I recently bought a "Flexzilla" air hose (3/8 by 25' I think). I've
only used it a few times, but so far it does seem to stay flexible and
doesn't remember the coiled shape. I'm not crazy about the fluorescent
green color, but everything has it's negatives.

I did have to buy my own quick disconnect fittings for the new air
hose.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com

I rather like the Neon Green color. If I was leaving it in place all the
time like a power cord, I might object, but that neon green really makes
the hose stick out. It's a benefit for when you're not expecting it.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I have had 2 "cheap" coiled air hoses go bad in less than 6 months
each - and I hardly used them One kinked and cracked - the other just
cracked - both leaking more air than I considered acceptable. One had
re-useable fittings so I made it into a shorter hose that has worked
for a while but appears to have a leak somewhere again. The other one
was returned as partial exchange for the second one IIRC.) Not sure
if they were polyurethane or nylon - but something around $10- $15 on
sale.

DC hoses SBH[_4_] Woodworking 27 January 2nd 11 03:45 PM
Of Shower Hoses Terry Fields UK diy 2 November 7th 10 12:27 PM
Car water hoses brass monkey UK diy 82 July 12th 10 11:26 PM
Soaker hoses? Percival P. Cassidy[_2_] Home Repair 14 May 31st 09 08:10 PM
5 yrs on washer hoses? Todd Home Repair 19 November 29th 08 01:25 AM