Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Source For Reclaimed Wood? Pro and Cons?

It's time to build another bed. My (adult) daughter would like something
like this:

https://img0.etsystatic.com/052/0/90...20270_c0a1.jpg

I think it would be really cool to make it out of reclaimed wood, but I don't
know anything about obtaining it. I can cut it to size (rip and crosscut),
but I don't have a planer or jointer, so the wood would need to milled to
my specs.

I called a local reclaimed wood supplier and they said that their typical
minimum is $1000, but they might go lower. Obviously they need a cut list
before they can give me a quote. They don't stock any boards, everything is
milled to order.

I'm looking to the experts here for the pros and cons of building this
bed with reclaimed lumber and also for some suggestions on sourcing
the material.

Thanks!