Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Exterior Paint

Almost 30yrs ago I was introduced to a somewhat unknown, and perhaps regional, paint brand, BLP Mobile. I mentioned it to a painter who was a parishioner of mine and it was evident he did not like it. But his comment told me why, the major brands went on smoother and easier. However, the guy across the street from our house has been using it and had painted three walls of his house a year apart. You could not tell the four yr old paint from the one year old. THAT is saying something here is the soggy and moldy South.

We (I) forgot to specify when we built our house, back in 92 and the builder used Sherwin-Williams. It looked great, but started having serious mildew problems a couple of years later. We washed it down several times and finally had to have it repainted. I insisted the painter put on two coats of Kilns and then two coats of BLP Mobile. That was about eight or nine years ago. While we still need to wash (not pressure wash) the porch a couple of times a year, we do not have a mildew problem.

So, if you live in a high humidity area, you might give it a try.

Deb
Posted to rec.woodworking

I insisted the painter put on two coats of Kilns and then two coats of BLP Mobile. That was about eight or nine years ago. While we still need to wash (not pressure wash) the porch a couple of times a year, we do not have a mildew problem.

So, if you live in a high humidity area, you might give it a try.

I hadn't been entirely pleased with the Sears WeatherBeater (long ago) or the other later (don't recall) paint. Which one is the house paint you would recommend?
https://www.blpmobilepaint.com/indus...ist.html#Alkyd Finishes

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 3:36:29 PM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
I insisted the painter put on two coats of Kilns and then two coats of BLP Mobile. That was about eight or nine years ago. While we still need to wash (not pressure wash) the porch a couple of times a year, we do not have a mildew problem.

So, if you live in a high humidity area, you might give it a try.

I hadn't been entirely pleased with the Sears WeatherBeater (long ago) or the other later (don't recall) paint. Which one is the house paint you would recommend?
https://www.blpmobilepaint.com/indus...ist.html#Alkyd Finishes

Sonny

I have had excellent success with Benjamin Moore exterior paint...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 May 2016 12:36:25 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

I insisted the painter put on two coats of Kilns and then two coats of BLP Mobile. That was about eight or nine years ago. While we still need to wash (not pressure wash) the porch a couple of times a year, we do not have a mildew problem.

So, if you live in a high humidity area, you might give it a try.

I hadn't been entirely pleased with the Sears WeatherBeater (long ago) or the other later (don't recall) paint. Which one is the house paint you would recommend?
https://www.blpmobilepaint.com/indus...ist.html#Alkyd Finishes

Sonny

Depends what you are painting. I was very satisfied with Benjamin
Moore Regal Moore-glo on my aluminum siding. It is a" 100% Acrylic
fortified with advanced alkyd technology for superior adhesion,
especially to chalky substrates. Tinted on our proprietary Gennex
colorant system, these mildew-resistant, high solids coatings are
designed to deliver advanced protection and adhere beautifully to
hard-to-coat substrates — creating a durable, robust finish.,"
according to the information on their web-page - Been about 10 years
and no sign of any deterioration or failure.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 1:44:31 PM UTC-5, Dr. Deb wrote:
Almost 30yrs ago I was introduced to a somewhat unknown, and perhaps regional,

It really all depends on where one lives. Here, in the deep South, with our mild winters, hot summers and HIGH HUMIDITY, The major paint brands cannot hold up as well as they do elsewhere. That being sail BLP Mobile does.

Deb