Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Exterior door behind storm door, interior or exterior paint?

I will paint an exterior door that is behind a "full" glass storm
door. The doors are mostly protected from the sun except near sunset
by a small over hanging roof. Should I be using interior or exterior
paint? I would like to use oil based paint, would you?

Thank you for your help!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"andyeverett" wrote in message
I will paint an exterior door that is behind a "full" glass storm
door. The doors are mostly protected from the sun except near sunset
by a small over hanging roof. Should I be using interior or exterior
paint? I would like to use oil based paint, would you?

Thank you for your help!

I'd use exterior. It still gets plenty of UV light from the sun, can be
exposed to weather and temperature changes. Good luck finding an oil based
paint today. New regulations make it near impossible to find.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I use exterier. Being behind the store door does not
eliminate the heat build up nor the UV damage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 8, 3:49*pm, aemeijers wrote:
wrote:
* *I use exterier. *Being behind the store door does not
eliminate the heat build up nor the UV damage. *

Or the moisture. It may not get rain on it, but when the humidity and
inside/outside temp delta is right, it still gets plenty damp in there,
at least until the sun comes back out and turns it back into a greenhouse..

My front door faces directly west, and gets no summer shade due to no
real overhang or large trees in front of it. It is white, but the inside
of the door still gets hot to the touch, even in cool weather. I keep
meaning to go to the window company, and get a screen made to replace
the glass panel in that storm door in summer.

--
aem sends...

Having replaced my exterior door a few weeks ago, I just ordered a
ProVia storm door as an upgrade to old one.

The Spectrum Full-View model has 2 sections of glass, both of which
can be opened. When you open either of them, an attached screen rolls
out of it's storage bin. You can have anywhere from a couple of inches
of ventilation all the way to half a door's worth.

It'll be sweet on days like today when it's just a bit too cold to
have the entry door open with the screens in the storm door.

The upper screen also detaches, so I can still hand the Halloween
candy out through the storm door without having to open it and make
everyone move out of the way. That was actually one of the features
that SWMBO and I looked for when we were shopping for a storm door.

http://www.proviadoor.com/Doors/Stor...um-Series.aspx

Posted to alt.home.repair

In your case I wouldn't be afraid of using interior/exterior paint. Just
recently I discovered reasons for using one or the other, however for a door
protected by a storm door in my opinion would be ok for the combo..
Do a search on Google interior vs exterior paint and you will find lots to
read about