Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 1/8" Chisel

I need an 1/8" chisel to clean up some cuts from a CNC machine, 1/8" in
diameter. I've got mainly Stanley chisels and am reasonably happy with
them, but my smallest is 1/4".

Do you guys have any suggestions? Is the typical length of the 1/8" chisel
going to be a problem trying to cut end grain? 1/8" would seem to be awful
flexible...

I was hoping to spend about $10, but a quick search on Amazon shows only
one chisel for that price, a new Irwin Marples that is leaving many
disappointed.

Alternatively, I have some W1 drill rod and a mill... I guess I could make
one but I've already got enough on my plate...

Puckdropper