Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "Air Hammer Quick Release Chisel Holder"

Such as this one:
http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...der-66621.html

Does it retain the chisel better than the spring? I'm having an issue
where the chisel flies off. Very annoying when I'm working on the 2nd
floor and it drops to the 1st floor. 'Kinda irritating to the guys on
the 1st floor who have to dodge it, too.

Thanks,
Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 17:23:18 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Such as this one:
http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...der-66621.html

Does it retain the chisel better than the spring? I'm having an issue
where the chisel flies off. Very annoying when I'm working on the 2nd
floor and it drops to the 1st floor. 'Kinda irritating to the guys on
the 1st floor who have to dodge it, too.

Thanks,
Bob

let me know. My spring broke years ago. i've just used a couple wraps
of electrical tape ever sense.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Such as this one:
http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...der-66621.html

Does it retain the chisel better than the spring? I'm having an issue
where the chisel flies off. Very annoying when I'm working on the 2nd
floor and it drops to the 1st floor. 'Kinda irritating to the guys on
the 1st floor who have to dodge it, too.

Thanks,
Bob

I got one for my snap-on gun some 20 years ago. Never had an issue
with it. I had it throw a chisel once but I was pushing hard in a
tight spot and managed to push the collar back far enough to loose its
grip on the chisel. That would be the only drawback, it's thicker
than the spring which may limit its use in some places. Thats a hell
of a price at harborfreight.

I wonder if I can get it to work on my air riveters?

Gunner

--
You just opened the window for a glimpse at the liberal mindset. You
people think, for some unknown reason, that since you are infinitely