Posted to rec.woodworking

Default April Tool's Day!

I don't know if it's already been posted but this year's Lee Valley
April Tool's Joke is a good one and included a video!

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=74250

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 11:08:10 AM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:
I don't know if it's already been posted but this year's Lee Valley
April Tool's Joke is a good one and included a video!

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=74250

I'm usually not to interested in stuff like that, and looking at the stills and reading he text was amusing. But that video was absolutely priceless. The dust collection, lighting options, the glass top table are all priceless.

Rick Astley was a nice touch, too.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/1/16 11:20 AM, wrote:
On Friday, April 1, 2016 at 11:08:10 AM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:
I don't know if it's already been posted but this year's Lee
Valley April Tool's Joke is a good one and included a video!

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=74250

I'm usually not to interested in stuff like that, and looking at the
stills and reading he text was amusing. But that video was
absolutely priceless. The dust collection, lighting options, the
glass top table are all priceless.

Rick Astley was a nice touch, too.

Robert

I loved the Rick Roll!!!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
I don't know if it's already been posted but this year's Lee Valley April
Tool's Joke is a good one and included a video!

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=74250

--

-MIKE-

I don't care. I want one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/1/16 1:40 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
"-MIKE-" wrote in message
I don't know if it's already been posted but this year's Lee Valley April
Tool's Joke is a good one and included a video!

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=74250

--

-MIKE-

I don't care. I want one.

That's the sheer brilliance of their April Fool's tools.
They are such good concepts that you're left with the inclination to
actually buy one.
I believe they actually started selling the blank tape measure that was
one year's joke.
It's was purported to be a "story tape." Problem is, that actually a
great idea and people flooded them with demand for it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

And, also good for kickback protection:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-tac...+Breathable%3f

Watch the wrap ... npi

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/1/2016 3:39 PM, Swingman wrote:

And, also good for kickback protection:

http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-tac...+Breathable%3f

Watch the wrap ... npi

5.11 Tactical

www.511tactical.com

USED to do a similar spoof every April Fool's Day. About 7 or 8 years
ago they rolled out a "Tactical Kilt" as a joke. The laugh was on them
as they were flooded with orders. It then became a running challenge
between the Executive Director of the FBI National Academy Associates
and the CEO of 5.11 as to which one or both would wind up wearing a kilt
at the annual training conference - the challenge typically involved
membership drives, goals, etc.

For the past several years, they've made and sold a limited number to
their general client base each April.

Sometimes the joke is on the jokester!g

April 1st and... philo Home Repair 6 April 1st 15 09:08 PM
Earth Day, April 22 Stormin Mormon Home Repair 10 April 27th 09 08:51 PM
O/T: It's Still April Lew Hodgett[_5_] Woodworking 26 April 24th 09 11:11 PM
Is this the Lee Valley April Fools Tool/Product? Lee Michaels Woodworking 15 April 6th 07 06:29 PM
anyone want American Machinist, Dec 1982? April 83 machinery news? old granger's catalogs? Oct 85 Makita Catalog? Jan 83 NC Shop Owner, 84 US macine tool directory? June 88 Industrial machine trader? William B Noble (don't reply to this address) Metalworking 0 February 18th 06 06:37 PM