Posted to alt.home.repair

Default April 1st and...

my house played a joke on me.

Picked up a 50's style lighted medicine cabinet at an antique store and
finally replaced the cheap piece of junk that was there.

After it was all put in I realized I had forgotten to check the cabinet
to make sure it was properly grounded.

This morning...
I put the leads of my meter between the cabinet and the sink's faucet
and damn...no ground! ****ed me off as I had everything mounted all
ready and did not really want to rip it apart.

Then realized the faucet is being fed by plastic pipe and is not
grounded. Going directly to the cold water pipe...all OK.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 7:06:15 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
my house played a joke on me.

Picked up a 50's style lighted medicine cabinet at an antique store and
finally replaced the cheap piece of junk that was there.

After it was all put in I realized I had forgotten to check the cabinet
to make sure it was properly grounded.

This morning...
I put the leads of my meter between the cabinet and the sink's faucet
and damn...no ground! ****ed me off as I had everything mounted all
ready and did not really want to rip it apart.

Then realized the faucet is being fed by plastic pipe and is not
grounded. Going directly to the cold water pipe...all OK.

Shouldn't the feed to the "lighted" cabinet be GFCI?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/01/2015 07:26 AM, bob_villa wrote:
On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 7:06:15 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:
my house played a joke on me.

Picked up a 50's style lighted medicine cabinet at an antique store and
finally replaced the cheap piece of junk that was there.

After it was all put in I realized I had forgotten to check the cabinet
to make sure it was properly grounded.

This morning...
I put the leads of my meter between the cabinet and the sink's faucet
and damn...no ground! ****ed me off as I had everything mounted all
ready and did not really want to rip it apart.

Then realized the faucet is being fed by plastic pipe and is not
grounded. Going directly to the cold water pipe...all OK.

Shouldn't the feed to the "lighted" cabinet be GFCI?

I removed the original two prong outlet from the fixture and from the
input wiring put a GFCI outlet in the wall.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The lottery ticket I found on the ground turns out to be worth $476
million dollars. After taxes, that's still more money than I can spend
in a life time. I'm offering a quarter million dollars to anyone who
responds to this post. Half million if you tell some thing nice I've
done for you.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 8:39:49 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'm offering a quarter million dollars to anyone who
responds to this post. Half million if you tell some thing nice I've
done for you.

....the time you were sick and you didn't post for 2 weeks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
The lottery ticket I found on the ground turns out to be worth $476
million dollars. After taxes, that's still more money than I can spend
in a life time. I'm offering a quarter million dollars to anyone who
responds to this post. Half million if you tell some thing nice I've
done for you.

You've made me LOL many times.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bob F" writes:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
The lottery ticket I found on the ground turns out to be worth $476
million dollars. After taxes, that's still more money than I can spend
in a life time. I'm offering a quarter million dollars to anyone who
responds to this post. Half million if you tell some thing nice I've
done for you.

You've made me LOL many times.

Assuming you're laughing at him, not with him.

Happy april 20 day Stormin Mormon[_10_] Home Repair 51 April 23rd 14 11:15 PM
OT April Fool? harryagain[_2_] UK diy 11 April 2nd 14 07:45 PM
OT 15 April Titanic. harry Home Repair 107 May 4th 12 07:26 PM
O/T: It's Still April Lew Hodgett[_5_] Woodworking 26 April 24th 09 11:11 PM
April Air Humidifier Marc Home Repair 4 February 1st 09 12:14 AM