Posted to rec.woodworking

Default April Fools Day product, maybe????

I saw this on Tool Nut and went to Festoolusa to see if there was some corroboration. Maybe it's real, maybe not, but it was still fun to see.
Marc

linkage:

http://festoolusa.com/power-tools/he...-ct-sys-584174

pastage:

Dust Extractor CT SYS - 584174

Portable and compact, yet loaded with features such as Full Unit HEPA Certification, tool-triggered operation, high-performance suction, and Systainer integration. The CT SYS is ideal for remodelers and painters who need the utmost in portability, yet without compromise in function. Self-contained hose and cord storage, onboard tools, manual and automatic function, shoulder strap, anti-static design, system integration, and low sound (67 dB(A)), the CT SYS is well-equipped and built for professional use. The CT SYS System is small in size, BIG in performance.

*Mobile and Portable: Integrated to stack and pack with Systainers the CT SYS can be easily carried by the handle or provided configurable shoulder strap.
*Assurance: Full Unit HEPA Certification, full-sized performance, compact and lightweight size, and system integration, all backed by our exclusive Service All-Inclusive that includes a 3-year warranty
*Versatile: The CT SYS is your partner for tackling the smaller and tedious tasks while providing tool-triggered activation for use with power tools yet fully equipped for clean-up tasks with on-board

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/1/2016 7:04 AM, wrote:

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,43000,51208

I wait every year, like a kid at Christmas, for this day just to see
what the hell Robin comes up with this time.

Be nice if he'd stick his head in here on occasion like he used to ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

marc rosen wrote in
:

http://festoolusa.com/power-tools/he...st-extractor-c
[...]

If that is a April Fool's joke, it's a disappointing one. That could be
a very useful tool, especially for areas that tend to have long linear
work areas, like the track on a model railroad. A long hose is nice, but
you have to really watch it as it will damage other things on the layout
as it goes along.

IIRC, 67 dB(A) compares to something along the lines of a normal
conversation voice volume? Not bad at all.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-04-01, wrote:

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,43000,51208

That'd be my guess.

BUT! .....(and I'd forgotten this one) it's essentially a "drill
press" and can be easily brought to the work.

Seriously, whenever we couldn't mount a mag drill base, we'd use one
of these pieces of junk (all metal, back then):

http://tinyurl.com/zkv3mcj

Not exactly a Bridgeport, but capable of keeping a holesaw ina hand drill
motor from breaking yer wrist.

nb

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in
:

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,43000,51208

This was good, but I think it'd be funnier if they turned it around. A
motor tool attachment to beat eggs.

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-04-01, Puckdropper puckdropper wrote:

This was good, but I think it'd be funnier if they turned it around. A
motor tool attachment to beat eggs.

Sounds like the origins of the Skilsaw:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skil#History

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

But, this is real:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n46r...youtu.be&rel=0

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
https://www.facebook.com/eWoodShop-206166666122228
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2016-04-01, Swingman wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n46r...youtu.be&rel=0

I hope those "robots" are not the same one's that send me recorded
calls from my own phone number. 8|

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/1/2016 6:59 AM, marc rosen wrote:
[...]

It is real and available right now for $375.

https://www.festoolproducts.com/Fest...X2YxoCrxbw_wcB

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Wish I knew why I no longer get the April Fools product email from Lee
Valley.

Thanks for putting the link up.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

It is real and available right now for $375.

https://www.festoolproducts.com/Fest...X2YxoCrxbw_wcB

Hi Leon,
I know it's real but my initial impression was "it's a joke" because of the day it was unveiled and the numerous comments I've seen about what can be stuffed into a systainer. It looks good but my only criticism is based on comments from a my local Festool seller - he (Brian) got to demo one last week but didn't tell me about it, curse him - who said that there is no method to reduce the suction and it causes the ETS125 to work harder when sanding. Brian told me he expects his shipments to arrive mid April. It looks like a great clean up device and it sure is a lot less bulky than a CT.
I'm also a Festool user and this may make its way into the stockpile of systainers in my wokshop unless my wife finds it more useful somewhere in the house.
Keep making wood dust, read you later,
Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Suction would be an issue ESPECUALLY when sanding unless the sander is
not completely covering the surface.
The sanders, when completely covering the paper, not only make the
sander work harder but make the user work harder.
I will say that the CFM appears to be 80% of the ones that roll around
on wheels.

In a pinch one could drill holes in the hose coupling to create an air
leak and then tape over the holes when you wanted full suction.

AND that thing holds just over 1 gal so IMHO it would be more of a back
up unit to the ones that have wheels. Those hold 2.5 to 9.5 gallons.

I think this ones only advantage is that it would be easier to move up
and down stairs.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Suction would be an issue ESPECUALLY when sanding unless the sander is
not completely covering the surface.
The sanders, when completely covering the paper, not only make the
sander work harder but make the user work harder.
I will say that the CFM appears to be 80% of the ones that roll around
on wheels.

In a pinch one could drill holes in the hose coupling to create an air
leak and then tape over the holes when you wanted full suction.

AND that thing holds just over 1 gal so IMHO it would be more of a
back up unit to the ones that have wheels. Those hold 2.5 to 9.5
gallons.

I think this ones only advantage is that it would be easier to move up
and down stairs.

Or install a ball valve of some sort.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 2 Apr 2016 06:34:41 -0700 (PDT), marc rosen
wrote:

[...]

More Systainers isn't a good idea. My wife just counts them and
multiplies by a big number to see what I'm up to. She knows what
green means. ;-)

I was in Woodcraft today...
Cashier to guy in front of me: "That'll be $378.somethingsomething."
Woman behind me to guy in front: "By the price, I knew that was you
checking out.
Cashier: "If I'd known she was here, I would have whispered."
Man in front: "Don't worry about it. She'll reimburse me later."
Woman: "As if that's ever going to happen!"

Me: "I feel like I'm at home."

;-)