Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Push, pull, click click

On 2/14/2016 8:46 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 2/13/2016 9:59 PM, John McCoy wrote:
No, you kind of missed my point. The design is bad if the lever
can move both ways, but only one has an effect. If the lever can
only move one way, it's obvious when you're pushing the wrong way
because it doesn't move. It's still symmetric, up on one side
and down on the other, but it's user-friendly about it.

John

Good God!

It is intelligently designed.

Life is too short to analyze the stupid simple things in life.

Use your brain for God's sake.

We all have probably had issue with the slide the first time we
encountered this.

How many Trophies do yo have???

He does have a good point, usability could probably be improved there.
It's not a battle I'm inclined to fight.

Usability is not the issue. I would say that drawers are removed more
times by the installer than by the end user. And which way the lever is
pushed has no effect on normal drawer operation.

I always thought if if the/a lever does not work in one direction, try
the other. I'm betting three way switches really throw a wrench in the
works. You know the ones that up is some times on and sometimes off,
depending on the other switch position. LOL

And FWIW if the lever on both sides went in the same direction it would
mean design changes, and the installer having to keep up with which
slide goes on which side so that you would not end up with some drawer
slides that get mounted up side down where some drawers require both
lever to be pushed up and some pushed down. And every manufacturer
would need to take that path. Symmetrical Push Buttons on these type
slides did not last long, and they were essentially the answer to John's
dilemma. Most slides have improved/progressed to this point. There
would be more compromises if the slides were dumbed down.

It absolutely would require more attention on each and every installer
to insure the slides did not get installed up side down and it would not
guarantee that would happen. And if it happened you would be right back
in the same place.

And yes he has a good point for those that need to be shown how to do
everything.

It is a situation of way over thinking a solution to something that is
not a considered to be a problem. If only there was a simpler way to
"read" a book with out having to learn to read.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 09:36:58 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

It is a situation of way over thinking a solution to something that is
not a considered to be a problem. If only there was a simpler way to
"read" a book with out having to learn to read.

There is, Cartoons.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

It is a situation of way over thinking a solution to something that is
not a considered to be a problem. If only there was a simpler way to
"read" a book with out having to learn to read.

There is, Cartoons.

OR the Comics. ;~)

You old enough to remember the "Texas History Movies" cartoon/comic book
they taught us Texas history out of?

https://sajunk.wordpress.com/2010/03...e-early-years/

Loved that thing ... was the beginning of my love of Texas history.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Hmm, the one to my basement is ON, either up or down. To turn the
light off, one has to put the switch in the middle. OK, I really
gotta replace that thing some day. ;-)

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

It is a situation of way over thinking a solution to something that is
not a considered to be a problem. If only there was a simpler way to
"read" a book with out having to learn to read.

There is, Cartoons.

OR the Comics.

Oh, Heavens no! In this day of "participation trophies" they're
"graphic novels"! Being that insensitive, you're gonna make someone
cry, Leon.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

It is a situation of way over thinking a solution to something that is
not a considered to be a problem. If only there was a simpler way to
"read" a book with out having to learn to read.

There is, Cartoons.

OR the Comics. ;~)

You old enough to remember the "Texas History Movies" cartoon/comic book
they taught us Texas history out of?

No, I'm not that old. :-)

I do recall "The Weekly Reader". Apparently it was still in publication
until 2012 from 1928.

https://sajunk.wordpress.com/2010/03...e-early-years/

Loved that thing ... was the beginning of my love of Texas history.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 2/13/2016 10:45 AM, OFWW wrote:

Hey, it doesn't matter how many times some people are told "clockwise"
they get all confused.

Clocks today don't move, they just blink

Except when you drop them into the bathtub. They just die, No more
blinking. I found that out last night. My wife was a bit upset with me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 15:29:52 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 2/13/2016 10:45 AM, OFWW wrote:

Hey, it doesn't matter how many times some people are told "clockwise"
they get all confused.

Clocks today don't move, they just blink

Except when you drop them into the bathtub. They just die, No more
blinking. I found that out last night. My wife was a bit upset with me.

That sounds more like attempted murder.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 15:29:52 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 2/13/2016 10:45 AM, OFWW wrote:

Hey, it doesn't matter how many times some people are told "clockwise"
they get all confused.

Clocks today don't move, they just blink

Except when you drop them into the bathtub. They just die, No more
blinking. I found that out last night. My wife was a bit upset with me.

Good thing it wasn't a radio!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"krw" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 15:29:52 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 2/13/2016 10:45 AM, OFWW wrote:

Hey, it doesn't matter how many times some people are told "clockwise"
they get all confused.

Clocks today don't move, they just blink

Except when you drop them into the bathtub. They just die, No more
blinking. I found that out last night. My wife was a bit upset with me.

Good thing it wasn't a radio!

It was a battery powered travel alarm clock. The small size made it ideal
for the clutter near the bathtub.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article om, "Lee
Michaels" says...

"krw" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 15:29:52 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 2/13/2016 10:45 AM, OFWW wrote:

Hey, it doesn't matter how many times some people are told "clockwise"
they get all confused.

Clocks today don't move, they just blink

Except when you drop them into the bathtub. They just die, No more
blinking. I found that out last night. My wife was a bit upset with me.

Good thing it wasn't a radio!

It was a battery powered travel alarm clock. The small size made it ideal
for the clutter near the bathtub.

Throw it in a bag of rice for a week and see if it comes back.