Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Push, pull, click click

I finished the vanity pull out I was making and installed it late yesterday.
It was a tight fit so my job for today was to take it out and skinny stuff
down a skosh.

Now, I am using full extension, ball bearing slides on it - HD best &
greatest - and they have a little lever that has to be pushed down to
release the drawer member from the frame member. The pull out is open to
the room on one side, close to a wall on the other; easy to release the
lever on the open side, just push the lever down. It is moderately more
difficult on the wall side as I can't see it but room enough to get my arm
down and feel it. Problem is, the damn thing wouldn't release...

Push lever down, try to pullout the pullout, tight as a drum, curse. The
foregoing was repeated numerous times. In between times, I was trying to
think of another way to get at it...cut through both sides of wall and
remove baseboard?...crowbar?

Finally, cursing silently, I pulled the lever up instead of pushing down.
It released.

Push down on one side, pull up on the other. Does that make sense? To the
manufacturer, I guess because he only had to make one configuration instead
of two, the second being a mirror image of the first. It doesn't please me