Posted to rec.woodworking

Default wood id - 3 attachments (1/8)

This is a text not graphic site. Many can't see or read it.
Martin

On 1/3/2016 3:01 PM, sawdustmaker wrote:
Can someone (or probably everyone) help me id this wood? It's supposed to
be a 'hardwood'. No distinct odor and stringy.
The face has been planed & sanded.
My guesses a hickory, elm, or maybe poplar/cottonwood. I haven't seen
poplar with that much face grain.
Thanks!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/3/2016 9:50 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
This is a text not graphic site. Many can't see or read it.
Martin

On 1/3/2016 3:01 PM, sawdustmaker wrote:
Can someone (or probably everyone) help me id this wood? It's supposed to
be a 'hardwood'. No distinct odor and stringy.
The face has been planed & sanded.
My guesses a hickory, elm, or maybe poplar/cottonwood. I haven't seen
poplar with that much face grain.
Thanks!

Come on....put some fervor behind that statement while adding insult
suchlike the anonymously brave inferior desk chair warrior above who is
incapable of advising without thumping his chest behind the computer.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
Meanie writes:

Come on....put some fervor behind that statement while adding insult
suchlike the anonymously brave inferior desk chair warrior above who is
incapable of advising without thumping his chest behind the computer.

Posting anonymously to insult someone for posting anonymously?

--
Drew Lawson
"Please understand that we are considerably less interested
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/5/2016 11:38 AM, Drew Lawson wrote:
In article
Meanie writes:

Come on....put some fervor behind that statement while adding insult
suchlike the anonymously brave inferior desk chair warrior above who is
incapable of advising without thumping his chest behind the computer.

Posting anonymously to insult someone for posting anonymously?

Ok, omit the anonymous, at least I'm not the rest.