Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Centipede Sawhorse!

http://centipedetool.com/centipede-p...e-work-system/

So I picked up one of these yesterday and can't wait to use it.
I've seen this product on the internet and have really wanted to try
one, but didn't want to pay the 80 bucks everyone was asking for it,
especially without getting my hands on it first.

I walk into Home Depot and there it is for $50, so I bit.
It's remarkably simple to set up, use, and tear down. It comes in a
carry bag, so it's perfect for me to throw in the van.

I love it so far and can't wait to put it through some real world testing.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 7:24:38 PM UTC-6, -MIKE- wrote:

I've seen this product on the internet and have really wanted to try
one, but didn't want to pay the 80 bucks everyone was asking for it,
especially without getting my hands on it first.

For the extra $30, it will neigh for you.

I love it so far and can't wait to put it through some real world testing.

Whinny do you plan to try it out?

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/15/15 8:42 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 7:24:38 PM UTC-6, -MIKE- wrote:

I've seen this product on the internet and have really wanted to try
one, but didn't want to pay the 80 bucks everyone was asking for it,
especially without getting my hands on it first.

For the extra $30, it will neigh for you.

I love it so far and can't wait to put it through some real world testing.

Whinny do you plan to try it out?

Sonny

Probably this week.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 8:24:38 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:
http://centipedetool.com/centipede-p...e-work-system/

So I picked up one of these yesterday and can't wait to use it.
I've seen this product on the internet and have really wanted to try
one, but didn't want to pay the 80 bucks everyone was asking for it,
especially without getting my hands on it first.

I walk into Home Depot and there it is for $50, so I bit.
It's remarkably simple to set up, use, and tear down. It comes in a
carry bag, so it's perfect for me to throw in the van.

I love it so far and can't wait to put it through some real world testing.

--

-MIKE-

Here's my concern:

When I watch a manufacturer's video or commercial and something jumps
out at me that seems kind of strange, I often wonder "Why would the
manufacturer use those words or show that process?" Allow me to explain.

At 1:15 of the video on the website, the "professional contractor" tells
us that he's had the work table "for about 15 minutes now" followed by "I
can cut repetitious pieces on this all day long." The "all day long" is
said with emphasis.

I would find it tough to make such a claim after having a product for
only "15 minutes". Had the "contractor" used a more reasonable time
frame (all morning, 4 hours, a few hours, etc.) it wouldn't have
jumped out at me like "about 15 minutes" did.

Assuming the manufacturer wanted to be 100% honest, could it have hurt
to wait a few hours and then record the contractor's testimonial? If
they wanted to "lie" they could have easily had him say "a few hours".
I wouldn't even have blinked an eye. The mere fact that they allowed
"about 15 minutes" to be used makes we wonder about their other claims.

Do they really expect consumers to say "Wow, he's happy after using it
for 15 minutes. That's good enough for me, I buying one!"

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/2015 8:45 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 8:24:38 PM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:
http://centipedetool.com/centipede-p...e-work-system/

So I picked up one of these yesterday and can't wait to use it.
I've seen this product on the internet and have really wanted to try
one, but didn't want to pay the 80 bucks everyone was asking for it,
especially without getting my hands on it first.

I walk into Home Depot and there it is for $50, so I bit.
It's remarkably simple to set up, use, and tear down. It comes in a
carry bag, so it's perfect for me to throw in the van.

I love it so far and can't wait to put it through some real world testing.

Do they really expect consumers to say "Wow, he's happy after using it
for 15 minutes. That's good enough for me, I buying one!"

Experience will often let you know immediately if something is useful
after just a few seconds of use ... IOW, a professional "gut feeling".

Let me put it this way for you. I've worked on enough job sites, and
spent lot$ of time on/setting up a decent work table solution for just
my part of the job, to plunk $50 down on just the appearance of the
portable, cost effective solution this appears to be.

Hell, for $50 I'll buy one for every job, and dumpster it at the end, if
it only lasts that long ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/15/2015 7:24 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

I love it so far and can't wait to put it through some real world testing.

Can't wait to hear the results of your testing.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote

Experience will often let you know immediately if something is useful
after just a few seconds of use ... IOW, a professional "gut feeling".

Let me put it this way for you. I've worked on enough job sites, and spent
lot$ of time on/setting up a decent work table solution for just my part
of the job, to plunk $50 down on just the appearance of the portable, cost
effective solution this appears to be.

Hell, for $50 I'll buy one for every job, and dumpster it at the end, if
it only lasts that long ...

I hear you Karl. I thought it looked good too. I see only two downsides.
1) It would need a fairly level surface to use it on. 2) You could not do
any pounding with a hammer or whatever on it. Those are minor things that
are easily set off by the sheer use and utility of something like this.

I probably would not need something like this very often. But I could have
really used something like this at least 3 or 4 times in the last two
months. I am just a guy who works around the house. Anybody who was very
busy or worked on jobsites could really use something like this. The genius
of it this product, as far as I am concerned, is that it folds up into a
neat little package that can be stored and transported easily.

When you see all kinds of gimmicks and junk out there, it is nice to see
something that looks like it actually serves a legitimate purpose. And for
the price, even if it does not last very long, it would be well worth it for
the sheer convenience and time savings. Particularly for sheet goods.

And Hey! As a musician, you are a master of "gut feelings"! ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 19:24:33 -0600
-MIKE- wrote:

I walk into Home Depot and there it is for $50, so I bit.
It's remarkably simple to set up, use, and tear down. It comes in a
carry bag, so it's perfect for me to throw in the van.

looks too busy and also looks flimsy
all those cross braces would get in my way

and how durable is the material
will it handle getting banged around

seems gimmicky too

what is wrong with fold up steel horses

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, November 16, 2015 at 2:31:42 PM UTC-6, wrote:

I probably would not need something like this very often. But I could have
really used something like this at least 3 or 4 times in the last two
months. I am just a guy who works around the house.

Similarly as I at the farm... no decent saw horses, often poor work areas. I've turned the 6' step ladder on its side (triangle shaped) for a sheet-good support & work surface, wobbles like hell. I hate working on the ground or on low surfaces, as the tipped ladder.

I may visit HD and checkem out.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote in
:

Similarly as I at the farm... no decent saw horses, often poor work
areas. I've turned the 6' step ladder on its side (triangle shaped)
for a sheet-good support & work surface, wobbles like hell. I hate
working on the ground or on low surfaces, as the tipped ladder.

I may visit HD and checkem out.

Sonny

Those sheet metal collapsable sheet metal saw horses Menards carries are
really a good deal, especially on sale. They last quite nicely and fold up
into a space about 6x6x36. You may want to put a board on top, but they've
drilled holes to make that easy.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:

I walk into Home Depot and there it is for $50, so I bit.
It's remarkably simple to set up, use, and tear down. It comes in a
carry bag, so it's perfect for me to throw in the van.

looks too busy and also looks flimsy
all those cross braces would get in my way

I wonder how they would get in your way.

and how durable is the material
will it handle getting banged around

seems gimmicky too

Almost the same principal as a supports for tents. Those hold up bery well.

what is wrong with fold up steel horses

Weight and size. Remember this is for portability to take to a job
site. Or anywhere you need a quick set up.

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:

I walk into Home Depot and there it is for $50, so I bit.
It's remarkably simple to set up, use, and tear down. It comes in a
carry bag, so it's perfect for me to throw in the van.

looks too busy and also looks flimsy
all those cross braces would get in my way

I wonder how they would get in your way.

and how durable is the material
will it handle getting banged around

seems gimmicky too

Almost the same principal as a supports for tents. Those hold up bery
well.

what is wrong with fold up steel horses

Weight and size. Remember this is for portability to take to a job
site. Or anywhere you need a quick set up.

You going to leave an open gallon of your Sherwin Williams paint on
it? : )

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:

I walk into Home Depot and there it is for $50, so I bit.
It's remarkably simple to set up, use, and tear down. It comes in a
carry bag, so it's perfect for me to throw in the van.

looks too busy and also looks flimsy
all those cross braces would get in my way

I wonder how they would get in your way.

and how durable is the material
will it handle getting banged around

seems gimmicky too

Almost the same principal as a supports for tents. Those hold up bery
well.

what is wrong with fold up steel horses

Weight and size. Remember this is for portability to take to a job
site. Or anywhere you need a quick set up.

I just can't see any validity to the "Comets" concerns.

I need more saw horses like Custer needed more ****ed off Native
Americans but the portability and compactness of these has me
considering a trip to the HD to pick one up. I no longer want to get
down on my knees to break down a 4'x8' piece of ply. With the structure
of these and ability to use some clamps, this size should make tackling
a sheet of goods at normal work level a piece of cake.

EC? when you think about flimsy, consider engineered trusses. Same
general principal.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/15 2:31 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Swingman" wrote

Experience will often let you know immediately if something is useful
after just a few seconds of use ... IOW, a professional "gut feeling".

Let me put it this way for you. I've worked on enough job sites, and
spent lot$ of time on/setting up a decent work table solution for just
my part of the job, to plunk $50 down on just the appearance of the
portable, cost effective solution this appears to be.

Hell, for $50 I'll buy one for every job, and dumpster it at the end,
if it only lasts that long ...

I hear you Karl. I thought it looked good too. I see only two
downsides. 1) It would need a fairly level surface to use it on.

This has only 6 points of contact vs. 8 for two sawhorses. Non-issue.

2)
You could not do any pounding with a hammer or whatever on it. Those
are minor things that are easily set off by the sheer use and utility of
something like this.

These legs are extremely strong. They seems to be carbon fiber or some
other composite. Pound away. It's rated for 1500lbs.

The genius of it this product, as far as I am concerned, is that
it folds up into a neat little package that can be stored and
transported easily.

YEP!!!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I walk into Home Depot and there it is for $50, so I bit. It's
remarkably simple to set up, use, and tear down. It comes in a
carry bag, so it's perfect for me to throw in the van.

looks too busy and also looks flimsy

They aren't flimsy at all. Not any more that metal guy-wires that hold
up steel girders.
The legs are much stronger/stiffer than they look.

all those cross braces would get in my way

I don't spend a lot of time working *under* my sawhorses.

and how durable is the material will it handle getting banged around

We'll find out. As i stated above, the materials are stronger than they
first appear.

seems gimmicky too

So did air nailers when they first came out.

what is wrong with fold up steel horses

Nothing, except they take longer to set-up/tear down, and require two
hands to carry.

Oh, and what is wrong with punctuation?
Seriously, is there a reason you refuse to use basic punctuation? It
makes reading your posts difficult. If you have some sort of disability
that prevents it, I totally understand. But if you're just too lazy,
typing from a phone or something, then please.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/15 6:20 PM, Bill wrote:

You going to leave an open gallon of your Sherwin Williams paint on
it? : )

Yes.

Lots of baseless assumption flying around in here.
Par for the course, though. :-D

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:

I walk into Home Depot and there it is for $50, so I bit.
It's remarkably simple to set up, use, and tear down. It comes in a
carry bag, so it's perfect for me to throw in the van.

looks too busy and also looks flimsy
all those cross braces would get in my way

I wonder how they would get in your way.

and how durable is the material
will it handle getting banged around

seems gimmicky too

Almost the same principal as a supports for tents. Those hold up bery
well.

what is wrong with fold up steel horses

Weight and size. Remember this is for portability to take to a job
site. Or anywhere you need a quick set up.

You going to leave an open gallon of your Sherwin Williams paint on
it? : )

Should not be an issue but FWIW I don't leave open gallons of anything,
even on the floor.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/2015 3:44 PM, Sonny wrote:

I may visit HD and checkem out.

Have a $100 HD gift certificate, and $146 store return ... know now
where part of it is going.

My HD has 5 in stock, but would prefer to find the larger 4x8 model.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

Here's my concern:
At 1:15 of the video on the website, the "professional contractor"
tells us that he's had the work table "for about 15 minutes now"
followed by "I can cut repetitious pieces on this all day long." The
"all day long" is said with emphasis.

I would find it tough to make such a claim after having a product for
only "15 minutes". Had the "contractor" used a more reasonable time
frame (all morning, 4 hours, a few hours, etc.) it wouldn't have
jumped out at me like "about 15 minutes" did.

I agree. The part that got me was him saying "I can make repeated cuts on
this all day long." The chopsaw is doing the cutting not what the saw is
sitting on. Not being able to cut has nothing to do with the sawhorse. oh
excuse me the "portable support system."

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/2015 6:46 PM, Leon wrote:
Should not be an issue but FWIW I don't leave open gallons of anything,
even on the floor.

And, even closed ones on the floor board of your truck.

First day on a job a few years back, a gallon fell out of my truck as we
were carrying them in, and I spent the next hour chasing the yellow
river down the driveway and street gutter while trying to erase the
evidence leading directly back to the client's house ... oops.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/2015 6:49 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 11/16/2015 3:44 PM, Sonny wrote:

I may visit HD and checkem out.

Have a $100 HD gift certificate, and $146 store return ... know now
where part of it is going.

My HD has 5 in stock, but would prefer to find the larger 4x8 model.

I was thinking along the same lines but...

1) the 2x4 is all that HD carries

2) Their price for the 2x4 is ~ $20 cheaper for the same thing through
Amazon Prime with free shipping

3) Two of the 2x4 from HD MIGHT work out to be better than a single 4x8
from anywhere else.

4) Financially, HD is the winner as I believe you can get three of the
2x4 for less than one of the 4x8

5) as I ponder this immensely complex issue, I suspect that having three
of the 2x4 may be much better than a single 4 x8. At least for how I'm
thinking of putting it to use here.

Just my $ 0.02

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/2015 2:31 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:
I see only two downsides. 1) It would need a fairly level surface to use
it on.

One of my thoughts, but one of the Home Depot reviews mentions, as a
plus, how well it works on uneven ground.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

5) as I ponder this immensely complex issue, I suspect that having three
of the 2x4 may be much better than a single 4 x8. At least for how I'm
thinking of putting it to use here.

Not above giving that a try.
Besides, work surfaces, particularly on a job site, are like clamps ...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Starting to get off my butt and conduct a bit of due diligence.

Found this review at Home Despot

I have owned a larger model (4X8) for over a year. I believe I bought
one of the first units sold. I have used my system over a dozen times.
No issues so far. Very easy to set-up and replace into carry bag. One
nice surprise to me was it's ** ability to self level on uneven ground
where I set it up.**

Rick
Pros: Sturdy, Nice Design

Lowe's also carries them - both models - at $50 and $100 respectively.

Only the 4x8 is reviewed at Lowe's but with 11 reviews there isn't a
sour note among them.

I'm sold

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/2015 6:49 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 11/16/2015 3:44 PM, Sonny wrote:

I may visit HD and checkem out.

Have a $100 HD gift certificate, and $146 store return ... know now
where part of it is going.

My HD has 5 in stock, but would prefer to find the larger 4x8 model.

http://www.rockler.com/centipede-saw...FriDeals_V2911
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/2015 6:49 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 11/16/2015 3:44 PM, Sonny wrote:

I may visit HD and checkem out.

Have a $100 HD gift certificate, and $146 store return ... know now
where part of it is going.

My HD has 5 in stock, but would prefer to find the larger 4x8 model.

I was thinking along the same lines but...

1) the 2x4 is all that HD carries

2) Their price for the 2x4 is ~ $20 cheaper for the same thing through
Amazon Prime with free shipping

3) Two of the 2x4 from HD MIGHT work out to be better than a single 4x8
from anywhere else.

Maybe but still half the size of a 4x8.

4) Financially, HD is the winner as I believe you can get three of the
2x4 for less than one of the 4x8

It would take 4, 2x4 to equal a 4x8. But that might be more useable.
Just keep in mind that the smaller one is 1/4 the size of the larger one.

5) as I ponder this immensely complex issue, I suspect that having three
of the 2x4 may be much better than a single 4 x8. At least for how I'm
thinking of putting it to use here.

Just my $ 0.02

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/2015 6:56 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 11/16/2015 6:46 PM, Leon wrote:
Should not be an issue but FWIW I don't leave open gallons of anything,
even on the floor.

And, even closed ones on the floor board of your truck.

First day on a job a few years back, a gallon fell out of my truck as we
were carrying them in, and I spent the next hour chasing the yellow
river down the driveway and street gutter while trying to erase the
evidence leading directly back to the client's house ... oops.

;~) Now did you really say, oops? LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
On 11/16/2015 6:49 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 11/16/2015 3:44 PM, Sonny wrote:

I may visit HD and checkem out.

Have a $100 HD gift certificate, and $146 store return ... know now
where part of it is going.

My HD has 5 in stock, but would prefer to find the larger 4x8 model.

I was thinking along the same lines but...

1) the 2x4 is all that HD carries

2) Their price for the 2x4 is ~ $20 cheaper for the same thing through
Amazon Prime with free shipping

3) Two of the 2x4 from HD MIGHT work out to be better than a single 4x8
from anywhere else.

Maybe but still half the size of a 4x8.

2'x4' is one-quarter the size of 4'x8'.

4) Financially, HD is the winner as I believe you can get three of the
2x4 for less than one of the 4x8

It would take 4, 2x4 to equal a 4x8. But that might be more useable.
Just keep in mind that the smaller one is 1/4 the size of the larger one.

5) as I ponder this immensely complex issue, I suspect that having three
of the 2x4 may be much better than a single 4 x8. At least for how I'm
thinking of putting it to use here.

Just my $ 0.02

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 11/16/2015 6:49 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 11/16/2015 3:44 PM, Sonny wrote:

I may visit HD and checkem out.

Have a $100 HD gift certificate, and $146 store return ... know now
where part of it is going.

My HD has 5 in stock, but would prefer to find the larger 4x8 model.

I was thinking along the same lines but...

1) the 2x4 is all that HD carries

2) Their price for the 2x4 is ~ $20 cheaper for the same thing through
Amazon Prime with free shipping

3) Two of the 2x4 from HD MIGHT work out to be better than a single
4x8
from anywhere else.

Maybe but still half the size of a 4x8.

2'x4' is one-quarter the size of 4'x8'.

Oh, I see you were referring to *two* of them. Got it.

4) Financially, HD is the winner as I believe you can get three of the
2x4 for less than one of the 4x8

It would take 4, 2x4 to equal a 4x8. But that might be more useable.
Just keep in mind that the smaller one is 1/4 the size of the larger
one.

5) as I ponder this immensely complex issue, I suspect that having
three
of the 2x4 may be much better than a single 4 x8. At least for how I'm
thinking of putting it to use here.

Just my $ 0.02

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/15 10:43 PM, Bill wrote:
3) Two of the 2x4 from HD MIGHT work out to be better than a single 4x8
from anywhere else.

Maybe but still half the size of a 4x8.

2'x4' is one-quarter the size of 4'x8'.

Exactly. Which is why Karl said 2 of those would be half of the 4x8. :-D

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:

I walk into Home Depot and there it is for $50, so I bit.
It's remarkably simple to set up, use, and tear down. It comes in a
carry bag, so it's perfect for me to throw in the van.

looks too busy and also looks flimsy
all those cross braces would get in my way

You sure are a downer. You've never used the product,
you've never even _seen_ the product in real life, yet
you hold forth with disdain.

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote:

I walk into Home Depot and there it is for $50, so I bit.
It's remarkably simple to set up, use, and tear down. It comes in a
carry bag, so it's perfect for me to throw in the van.

looks too busy and also looks flimsy
all those cross braces would get in my way

You sure are a downer. You've never used the product,
you've never even _seen_ the product in real life, yet
you hold forth with disdain.

But, Scott, he posted that almost TWO WHOLE DAYS AGO.

That he was able to come up with that critique is testament to his
brilliance.

By now he knows more about it than the inventor or any of the users -
especially those who've posted reviews after actually having used the
sawhorse.

We're still waiting for photos of his latest project so we can settle
our bets: Did he use 10P or 16P nails and did he clinch them or were
they just toe nailed?

LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/2015 10:43 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 11/16/2015 6:49 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 11/16/2015 3:44 PM, Sonny wrote:

I may visit HD and checkem out.

Have a $100 HD gift certificate, and $146 store return ... know now
where part of it is going.

My HD has 5 in stock, but would prefer to find the larger 4x8 model.

I was thinking along the same lines but...

1) the 2x4 is all that HD carries

2) Their price for the 2x4 is ~ $20 cheaper for the same thing through
Amazon Prime with free shipping

3) Two of the 2x4 from HD MIGHT work out to be better than a single 4x8
from anywhere else.

Maybe but still half the size of a 4x8.

2'x4' is one-quarter the size of 4'x8'.

Correct, but 2 of the 2x4, as mentioned on line 3, the line I commented
on, is 1/2

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/2015 10:45 PM, Bill wrote:
Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 11/16/2015 6:49 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 11/16/2015 3:44 PM, Sonny wrote:

I may visit HD and checkem out.

Have a $100 HD gift certificate, and $146 store return ... know now
where part of it is going.

My HD has 5 in stock, but would prefer to find the larger 4x8 model.

I was thinking along the same lines but...

1) the 2x4 is all that HD carries

2) Their price for the 2x4 is ~ $20 cheaper for the same thing through
Amazon Prime with free shipping

3) Two of the 2x4 from HD MIGHT work out to be better than a single
4x8
from anywhere else.

Maybe but still half the size of a 4x8.

2'x4' is one-quarter the size of 4'x8'.

Oh, I see you were referring to *two* of them. Got it.

;~) And now I see you correction. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/2015 10:47 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 11/16/15 10:43 PM, Bill wrote:
3) Two of the 2x4 from HD MIGHT work out to be better than a single
4x8
from anywhere else.

Maybe but still half the size of a 4x8.

2'x4' is one-quarter the size of 4'x8'.

Exactly. Which is why Karl said 2 of those would be half of the 4x8. :-D

I think it was me, Karl's brother, that said that. LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/15 10:43 PM, Bill wrote:
3) Two of the 2x4 from HD MIGHT work out to be better than a single
4x8
from anywhere else.

Maybe but still half the size of a 4x8.

2'x4' is one-quarter the size of 4'x8'.

Exactly. Which is why Karl said 2 of those would be half of the
4x8. :-D

I think it was me, Karl's brother, that said that. LOL

You Texans all look alike.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/16/15 10:43 PM, Bill wrote:
3) Two of the 2x4 from HD MIGHT work out to be better than a single
4x8
from anywhere else.

Maybe but still half the size of a 4x8.

2'x4' is one-quarter the size of 4'x8'.

Exactly. Which is why Karl said 2 of those would be half of the
4x8. :-D

I think it was me, Karl's brother, that said that. LOL

You Texans all look alike.

They all talk funny, too (been married to one for 44 years ;-).
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/17/2015 8:40 AM, Leon wrote:

I think it was me, Karl's brother, that said that. LOL

Mom always liked you best ...
LOL

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 16 Nov 2015 18:28:58 -0600
-MIKE- wrote:

These legs are extremely strong. They seems to be carbon fiber or
some other composite. Pound away. It's rated for 1500lbs.

they are steel legs
if they were carbon fiber they would not last long after some rough and
tumble use

also not sure how a static load of 1500 pounds is relevant
i think it is just a marketing pitch

i would not want to be anywhere near that when it has 1500 pounds
on it

2in long 1/4in wide shiny black centipede like beetle js.b1 UK diy 11 August 25th 10 09:29 PM
Attn: Abby Brown: Sketchup model of a Morris Dovey sawhorse - "Morris Dovey Sawhorse.skp" yEnc (1/1) William Douglas Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 June 15th 10 09:05 PM
Sawhorse brackets T i m UK diy 7 July 6th 09 06:38 PM
Fescue in Centipede david Home Repair 5 April 10th 05 08:39 PM
Any Sawhorse Plans? Steve Woodworking 35 April 29th 04 01:56 PM