Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Pritzlaff and Fulton hand planes

Any thoughts on the quality of these planes? Would you say better or worse than Stanley?

Thanks!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Michael wrote in
:

Any thoughts on the quality of these planes? Would you say better or
worse than Stanley?

No idea about Pritzlaff.

Fulton is Sears (from before the days of Craftsman)(*). At
different times they were made by Stanley and Millers Falls.
As users they're probably fine, certainly no better than a
Stanley branded plane (of the same vintage) but likely no
worse.

Guys who are really into planes can tell who made a Fulton
plane by obscure details like the length of the adjusting
lever or the exact position of the cap iron hole...if you
were really curious you could search one of them out on
the old tool groups.

(* apparently there never were Seroco planes)

John
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/19/2015 10:24 AM, Michael wrote:
Any thoughts on the quality of these planes? Would you say better or worse than Stanley?

Thanks!

fulton (worse)
pritzlaff never heard of.

If you want a fulton, my neighbor gave me one, you can have it.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 9:24:59 AM UTC-5, Michael wrote:
Any thoughts on the quality of these planes? Would you say better or worse than Stanley?

Thanks!

John and Woodchucker,

Thanks for the info! It sounds like I should pass on these, even with the cheap price.

I am going to sell my hand planes Tom B[_6_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 7 January 6th 14 08:28 PM
Selling my hand planes... Tom B[_6_] Woodworking 4 January 6th 14 08:27 PM
Groz Hand planes Andrew Hartung Woodworking 7 February 13th 07 08:09 PM
Record Hand Planes Sanford Woodworking 8 October 16th 04 06:43 AM
Hand planes? Guy LaRochelle Woodworking 19 January 12th 04 05:21 PM