Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Dog Update

She is still the perfect shop dog. Found the puppies, she had two.
Both males. Gave one away after they were weaned. Keeping the other
one in case Curly does not survive the heartworm treatment. Treatment
starts Monday. Keep your fingers crossed.

Took her for her walk this morning after a rain. She loves wet grass,
wet bushes and puddles. She never walks around puddles, just straight
through. She is now filled out, sleek and full of energy. So is the
puppy.

My wife says Curly is my shadow.
--
GW Ross

Fact is solidified opinion.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/10/2015 8:46 AM, G. Ross wrote:
She is still the perfect shop dog. Found the puppies, she had two. Both
males. Gave one away after they were weaned. Keeping the other one in
case Curly does not survive the heartworm treatment. Treatment starts
Monday. Keep your fingers crossed.

Took her for her walk this morning after a rain. She loves wet grass,
wet bushes and puddles. She never walks around puddles, just straight
through. She is now filled out, sleek and full of energy. So is the
puppy.

My wife says Curly is my shadow.

:-) Good luck.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 7:45:59 AM UTC-5, G. Ross wrote:
She is still the perfect shop dog. Found the puppies, she had two.
Both males. Gave one away after they were weaned. Keeping the other
one in case Curly does not survive the heartworm treatment. Treatment
starts Monday. Keep your fingers crossed.

I miss having a dog, since my last two died (old age) some years ago. Hoping the best for Curly's treatment(s).

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 7:45:59 AM UTC-5, G. Ross wrote:
She is still the perfect shop dog. Found the puppies, she had two.
Both males. Gave one away after they were weaned. Keeping the other
one in case Curly does not survive the heartworm treatment. Treatment
starts Monday. Keep your fingers crossed.

Best of luck on that. Dogs are surprisingly resilient (thankfully!) and I am betting she will do fine.

When you get a good one, dogs are a very special gift in life. My German Shepherd mix was with me for about 12 years and has been gone for over 20. Still think about him a lot.

Fingers crossed over here!!

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:
On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 7:45:59 AM UTC-5, G. Ross wrote:
She is still the perfect shop dog. Found the puppies, she had two.
Both males. Gave one away after they were weaned. Keeping the other
one in case Curly does not survive the heartworm treatment. Treatment
starts Monday. Keep your fingers crossed.

I miss having a dog, since my last two died (old age) some years ago. Hoping the best for Curly's treatment(s).

Sonny

I have had several dogs over the years, but this is the sweetest one
yet. She tried to take a nap with me on the sofa today, but she kept
snuggling up behind my back until she nearly pushed me off. Had to
give up on that.

Thanks for the good wishes.

--
GW Ross

Don't use no double negatives.

Posted to rec.woodworking

G. Ross wrote:
Sonny wrote:
On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 7:45:59 AM UTC-5, G. Ross wrote:
She is still the perfect shop dog. Found the puppies, she had two.
Both males. Gave one away after they were weaned. Keeping the
other one in case Curly does not survive the heartworm treatment.
Treatment starts Monday. Keep your fingers crossed.

I miss having a dog, since my last two died (old age) some years
ago. Hoping the best for Curly's treatment(s). Sonny

I have had several dogs over the years, but this is the sweetest one
yet. She tried to take a nap with me on the sofa today, but she kept
snuggling up behind my back until she nearly pushed me off. Had to
give up on that.

All dogs are special. Some are a bit more special than others...I had one
of those but sweet Lila has been gone for several years now (old age). I
miss her. I hope all goes well for your special special one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , gwr95
@comwest.net says...

Sonny wrote:
On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 7:45:59 AM UTC-5, G. Ross wrote:
She is still the perfect shop dog. Found the puppies, she had two.
Both males. Gave one away after they were weaned. Keeping the other
one in case Curly does not survive the heartworm treatment. Treatment
starts Monday. Keep your fingers crossed.

I miss having a dog, since my last two died (old age) some years ago. Hoping the best for Curly's treatment(s).

Sonny

I have had several dogs over the years, but this is the sweetest one
yet. She tried to take a nap with me on the sofa today, but she kept
snuggling up behind my back until she nearly pushed me off. Had to
give up on that.

Friend of mine had a Great Dane that couldn't understand that she
wouldn't fit in anybody's lap.

Hope all goes well.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:

I miss having a dog, since my last two died (old age) some years ago.
Hoping the best for Curly's treatment(s).

I miss having a dog as well. Always had Germain Shepherds and I just love
those dogs. Lots of stories I could tell about the ones we've had. After
the last two died - they were a matched pair (brothers) we kinda gave up on
dogs for while. Now we have 4 cats in the house - one of which really
thinks he's a dog. All of them are a lot more people friendly than you'd
expect a cat to be but the one just really thinks he's a damned dog.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 4:52:49 PM UTC-5, Mike Marlow wrote:
Sonny wrote:

I miss having a dog, since my last two died (old age) some years ago.
Hoping the best for Curly's treatment(s).

I miss having a dog as well. Always had Germain Shepherds and I just love
those dogs. Lots of stories I could tell about the ones we've had. After
the last two died - they were a matched pair (brothers) we kinda gave up on
dogs for while. Now we have 4 cats in the house - one of which really
thinks he's a dog. All of them are a lot more people friendly than you'd
expect a cat to be but the one just really thinks he's a damned dog.

--

-Mike-

It's awesome what you're doing G Ross. Truly.

I have a great golden shop dog now. Anytime I fire up the thickness planer, he has to sit where the chips fly and feel the chips covering him. As soon as he seems me plug in the cord, he moves over there.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"G. Ross" wrote:

She is still the perfect shop dog. Found the puppies, she had two.
Both males. Gave one away after they were weaned. Keeping the
other one in case Curly does not survive the heartworm treatment.
Treatment starts Monday. Keep your fingers crossed.

Took her for her walk this morning after a rain. She loves wet
grass, wet bushes and puddles. She never walks around puddles, just
straight through. She is now filled out, sleek and full of energy.
So is the puppy.

My wife says Curly is my shadow.

Congratulations, hope everything works out.

SFWIW, my grandson is waiting for his new pup until it has been
weaned before getting him.

My daughter tells me that when full grown, this male pup will grow
to about 200 pounds while a bitch would weigh about 170 lbs.

When asked why he got such a big dog, he reportedly said the
he was a big guy (he is at least 6'-5""), and he needs a big dog.

Living in a small apartment with a new wife (got married in April),
should be interesting.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:

I miss having a dog, since my last two died (old age) some years ago.
Hoping the best for Curly's treatment(s).

I miss having a dog as well. Always had Germain Shepherds and I just love
those dogs. Lots of stories I could tell about the ones we've had. After
the last two died - they were a matched pair (brothers) we kinda gave up on
dogs for while. Now we have 4 cats in the house - one of which really
thinks he's a dog. All of them are a lot more people friendly than you'd
expect a cat to be but the one just really thinks he's a damned dog.

--

-Mike-

It's awesome what you're doing G Ross. Truly.

I have a great golden shop dog now. Anytime I fire up the thickness planer, he has to sit where the chips fly and feel the chips covering him. As soon as he seems me plug in the cord, he moves over there.

Curly has not completed the transition from hunting dog to house/shop
dog. She still gets straddle of the leash or wraps herself around
street sign posts, but she is learning, and getting energetic. She
has been a blessing to us.

--
GW Ross

Ne'er needlessly disturb a thing at rest

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"G. Ross" wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Lew. I can't imagine buying dog food for a really big dog.
While Curly has been getting her weight back she has been eating like
a pig, but that is slowing down now.
--
GW Ross

Ne'er needlessly disturb a thing at rest

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 08:46:19 -0400
"G. Ross" wrote:

She is still the perfect shop dog. Found the puppies, she had two.
Both males. Gave one away after they were weaned. Keeping the other
one in case Curly does not survive the heartworm treatment.
Treatment starts Monday. Keep your fingers crossed.

my first thought when i read the subject was a topic on bench dogs

do not know anythin about dogs but good luck on treatments

i have a cat that is no longer allowed in the shop
did you know that tom cat spray removes paint
it does a decent job

before i discovered the problem it was too late
table saw cabinet and rolling toolbox were hit bad
the paint was peeling and rust was setting in

not his fault just doing his thing
cats and dogs can do no wrong they just do what they do

new shop update basilisk[_2_] Woodworking 24 August 20th 12 08:04 PM
Shop Heat Update J T Woodworking 17 January 7th 08 01:25 PM
Update on the Containerized shop Brent Metalworking 69 September 20th 07 05:07 AM
Shop cats update Tom Gardner Metalworking 36 August 17th 07 01:04 AM
Shop plans update Andrew V Metalworking 3 March 24th 05 03:03 AM