Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ridgid planer fixed

my 13-inch thickness planer was "skipping" as it fed thru a 12-inch maple
plank; each stop-point had a crosswise divot, too deep to sand away.

Took apart the left end (where the roller-drive chains are) and found
that the outfeed roller's bearing block was toasted -- had worn into
oblong shape and caused the roller to jump every few revolutions. Ordered
a replacement and re-assembled with the block rotated 180. The darn thing
ran right and I finished the job.

Don't be afraid to mechanic yer toys.

JRHannum

Posted to rec.woodworking

--

Before I put them in the trash, do you want the set of three new blades I have for this planer? If so, just reply and we will work out how to do make it work.

There is supposed to be a way to send and anonymous e-mail on Google+ but I cannot make the link work (actually do not see it in the drop down)
Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Dr. Deb , JRHannum wrote:
dangbert wrote:

Before I put them in the trash, do you want the set of three new blades I

have for this planer? If so, just reply and we will work out how to do
make
it work.
There is supposed to be a way to send and anonymous e-mail on Google+ but I

cannot make the link work (actually do not see it in the drop down)

oh, yes; never throw anything away--put them a mailing tube and send to
me -- use to get my address and work out a payment.
Thanks.

Ridgid Planer advice needed Dr. Deb[_3_] Woodworking 10 December 31st 10 02:14 AM
Ridgid R4330 planer Jimbo Woodworking 0 March 5th 09 06:06 PM
Ridgid R4330 planer Jimbo Woodworking 1 March 5th 09 01:03 AM
Ridgid 13" planer sticking HELP! Morris Woodworking 13 December 6th 04 05:06 AM
Delta 580 or Ridgid Planer? Yitah Woodworking 3 December 12th 03 01:11 PM