Posted to rec.woodworking

Default RE : O/T: Hello Houston

Getting news reports that Houston got hit pretty hard.

You guys OK?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

You mean in the thunderstorms and rain ?

I'm 200 miles north and we got over 10" though the locals
don't say that at the airport... Hum.

Massive lighting storm - thousands of strikes. The app I have
was almost white with strikes covering up the purple, red, orange
and yellow with the three shades of green of rain.

I had a friend that got Baseball sized hail. That would make your
day in a windshield or head...

Flooding everywhere. Rivers are at over 100 percent for several weeks.
Then a day off of rain and then more rain.

I mowed the acreage grass last time with a Hog cutter. Large weeds.
Now the grass is in full swing and growing. I have running water
across the yard, and down the sides of roads.

Trees are falling - I haven't lost one yet, but I suspect I will in
the coming weeks. These are 100' to 125' oaks.

Martin

On 5/24/2015 6:53 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Getting news reports that Houston got hit pretty hard.

You guys OK?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Getting news reports that Houston got hit pretty hard.

You guys OK?

Lew

In the last 4-5 weeks, almost 14" of rain where I live. Clear Lake, just
south of Houston got 13" in 3 hours last weekend. But no big deal on the
west side if Houston, mostly a problem if you live near any of the local
rivers. The whole state has been getting rain and many of the rivers enter
the gulf near Houston.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/25/2015 12:02 AM, Leon wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Getting news reports that Houston got hit pretty hard.

You guys OK?

Lew

In the last 4-5 weeks, almost 14" of rain where I live. Clear Lake, just
south of Houston got 13" in 3 hours last weekend. But no big deal on the
west side if Houston, mostly a problem if you live near any of the local
rivers. The whole state has been getting rain and many of the rivers enter
the gulf near Houston.

It rained??

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hello Houston

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message ...

I mowed the acreage grass last time with a Hog cutter. Large weeds.
Now the grass is in full swing and growing. I have running water
across the yard, and down the sides of roads.

Ditto a place I keep SE of San Antonio. I've kept the eight-foot,
twin-blade shredder hooked up [vs. the grooming mower] for the last two
cuts. Pretty ragged looking but you can't keep letting it grow. About 25
inches of rain there since March.
Rancher I know has abandoned his remaining wheat to be combined; what
remains is laying over. Old mine pits and stock tanks full to the brim or
overflowing.
The last seven or eight years I've been saying I don't complain about
the rain anymore. I'm ready to shelve that refrain.

Dave in SoTex

Posted to rec.woodworking

Here is another massive line / bow front / of Rain -
in the Yellow and Red. The time passing will be 5 hours.
We are about half the way through and thankfully it didn't
dump like before - likely 4 or 5 inches, but my dry creek
didn't overflow while taking water from the house to the creek.

Martin

On 5/24/2015 10:58 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

It doesn't have to in Houston. They are downhill from
DFW and a lot of East Texas Forest lands. Water a-plenty
is heading there - the lakes are in full overflow.
Earlier in the year - over winter - you could see dirt in
lots of bass hide outs. Now 20' of water or more.

Martin

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Getting news reports that Houston got hit pretty hard.

You guys OK?

Lew

In the last 4-5 weeks, almost 14" of rain where I live. Clear Lake,
just
south of Houston got 13" in 3 hours last weekend. But no big deal on the
west side if Houston, mostly a problem if you live near any of the local
rivers. The whole state has been getting rain and many of the rivers
enter
the gulf near Houston.

It rained??

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Getting news reports that Houston got hit pretty hard.

You guys OK?

Lew

In the last 4-5 weeks, almost 14" of rain where I live. Clear Lake,
just
south of Houston got 13" in 3 hours last weekend. But no big deal on
the
west side if Houston, mostly a problem if you live near any of the
local
rivers. The whole state has been getting rain and many of the rivers
enter
the gulf near Houston.

That was a jest.

The streets are inundated, again, as we speak.

My home is in no danger. 3' above grade, and grade is 1' above the curb.

Never again...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Roy Roy is offline

11.5 inches of rain out here in Pecan Grove/Richmond last night. It still beats
burning up the countryside due to a drought.

Regards,
Roy

houston hardwood ron Woodworking 4 May 26th 07 01:33 AM
Houston WW Show Leon Woodworking 17 April 1st 07 11:06 PM
Still Looking for a >12" Planer near Houston Jim Woodturning 0 July 27th 05 05:49 AM
Still Looking for a >12" Planer near Houston Jim Woodworking 11 July 27th 05 02:08 AM
Help in Houston arf Metalworking 2 January 14th 05 09:05 PM