Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Over thinking a problem that really doesn't exist...

...or is it the "Easiest Drawers Ever"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S074ke-EJ6U

Discuss...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/15/2015 8:30 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
..or is it the "Easiest Drawers Ever"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S074ke-EJ6U

Discuss...

I think he has a cool idea but there is a router bit out there that
virtually does the same thing.
When dealing with the typical full extension slide you have to be
working within 1/32" tolerances. I'm not so sure that bending wood to
form corners is going to be be predictable enough to produce consistent
sized drawers with this type accuracy.

Also it is going to be very important that the height of the blades set
up is going to be perfect so that the joint will actually close and or
so that there is no gap as his demonstration produced.
First off Plywood is NOT consistent in thickness, this fact is going to
make each drawer a hit or miss situation.

Back in 2011 I built approximately 100 drawers of all types and sizes.
I have gotten pretty fast at it and have learned techniques for fast
clamping and seriously clamping is the most time consuming for me.

This might be revolutionary for a factory type application for budget
cabinetry and drawers and the inexpensive drawer slides that allow for a
lot of play but probably not for the typical full extension slide.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Spalted Walt wrote:
..or is it the "Easiest Drawers Ever"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S074ke-EJ6U

Discuss...

Not in my opinion. Special blade, lots of specialty cuts, etc. I could
come up with a few different ways that are easier, and plenty strong enough
for this project.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Spalted Walt" wrote in message
..or is it the "Easiest Drawers Ever"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S074ke-EJ6U

Discuss...

Maybe with paper covered particle board mass production "furniture." Fold
and insert screw locks.