Posted to rec.woodworking

Default eWoodShop - Kitchen 2 Refresh 2015

Kitchen #2 for 2015 bites the dust, in Before and After order.

This one was problematic/nip and tuck due to budget restraints, but
turned out much better in the end than I had expected about half way
through:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...5?noredirect=1

Only three cabinets was added, but a whole lot of surgery was done to
re-purpose existing cabinetry, not easy in these old, built-in kitchens.

I'll take it...

Starting Kitchen #3 for 2015 this week, and two more right behind that
one. No rest for the weary these days. Not bitchin' ... hay while the
sun shines, and all that.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/25/15 11:59 AM, Swingman wrote:
Kitchen #2 for 2015 bites the dust, in Before and After order.

This one was problematic/nip and tuck due to budget restraints, but
turned out much better in the end than I had expected about half way
through:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...5?noredirect=1

Only three cabinets was added, but a whole lot of surgery was done to
re-purpose existing cabinetry, not easy in these old, built-in kitchens.

I'll take it...

Starting Kitchen #3 for 2015 this week, and two more right behind that
one. No rest for the weary these days. Not bitchin' ... hay while the
sun shines, and all that.

Quite a transformation. Love the range hood.
Brilliant work, as has come to be expected. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 12:59:11 PM UTC-4, Swingman wrote:
Kitchen #2 for 2015 bites the dust, in Before and After order.

This one was problematic/nip and tuck due to budget restraints, but
turned out much better in the end than I had expected about half way
through:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...5?noredirect=1

Only three cabinets was added, but a whole lot of surgery was done to
re-purpose existing cabinetry, not easy in these old, built-in kitchens.

I'll take it...

Starting Kitchen #3 for 2015 this week, and two more right behind that
one. No rest for the weary these days. Not bitchin' ... hay while the
sun shines, and all that.

Nice! Feel free to swing by and get me un-stalled on my shaker door project!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/25/2015 10:59 AM, Swingman wrote:
Kitchen #2 for 2015 bites the dust, in Before and After order.

This one was problematic/nip and tuck due to budget restraints, but
turned out much better in the end than I had expected about half way
through:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...5?noredirect=1

Only three cabinets was added, but a whole lot of surgery was done to
re-purpose existing cabinetry, not easy in these old, built-in kitchens.

I'll take it...

Starting Kitchen #3 for 2015 this week, and two more right behind that
one. No rest for the weary these days. Not bitchin' ... hay while the
sun shines, and all that.

Nice, Nice, Mighty Nice. Beautiful work.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/25/2015 12:12 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Quite a transformation. Love the range hood.

Yeah, me too. Took Carlos and I the better part of two days to get that
thing installed. But it went a long way to giving an old kitchen a
modern, updated look.

Brilliant work, as has come to be expected. :-)

Thanks, Mike!

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/25/2015 12:28 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Nice! Feel free to swing by and get me un-stalled on my shaker door project!

LOL. Thanks.

Buy'em books, send them school, and whaddya get?

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
Kitchen #2 for 2015 bites the dust, in Before and After order.

This one was problematic/nip and tuck due to budget restraints, but
turned out much better in the end than I had expected about half way
through:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...5?noredirect=1

Only three cabinets was added, but a whole lot of surgery was done to
re-purpose existing cabinetry, not easy in these old, built-in kitchens.

I'll take it...

Starting Kitchen #3 for 2015 this week, and two more right behind that
one. No rest for the weary these days. Not bitchin' ... hay while the
sun shines, and all that.

Looks great! I especially like the windows over the sink. Not sure
what was there before.

--
 GW Ross

 People who live in stone houses
 shouldn't throw glasses.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/25/2015 5:07 PM, geoff wrote:
Nice!!!!!!!

Thanks, geoff...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/25/2015 6:15 PM, G. Ross wrote:

Looks great! I especially like the windows over the sink. Not sure
what was there before.

Thanks.

The windows were there all along. Simply accenting them slightly with
the granite and back splash material made them a noticeable "feature".

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Man, I'd love to come and work with you through one of these.

Wonderful work, Karl.

Thanks for the kind words, Dave.

We'd love to get you down here to Texas. There is always a place here
for you stay, and the help would be welcome, so come on down!

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/25/2015 11:59 AM, Swingman wrote:
Kitchen #2 for 2015 bites the dust, in Before and After order.

This one was problematic/nip and tuck due to budget restraints, but
turned out much better in the end than I had expected about half way
through:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...5?noredirect=1

Only three cabinets was added, but a whole lot of surgery was done to
re-purpose existing cabinetry, not easy in these old, built-in kitchens.

I'll take it...

Starting Kitchen #3 for 2015 this week, and two more right behind that
one. No rest for the weary these days. Not bitchin' ... hay while the
sun shines, and all that.

A remarkable improvement and a job well done, as usual!
Posted to rec.woodworking

As always, really nice work, Karl. Who did the redesign work on the kitchen? I know it was a lot (say compared to a gutted room), but the small changes made a dramatic new look to really update the appearance and functionality. Good stuff, especially that new hood.

But... no new doors or fronts for the cabs? Seems like that would have been a must if they had gone that far with stainless hoods, granite tops, new appliances, etc. Just wondering...

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/30/2015 8:26 AM, Leon wrote:

And Robert, he was not allowed in to the garage... ;~)

Amelia Earhardt and Jimmi Hoffa may finally be found in that garage ...
didn't want to take the chance.