Posted to rec.woodworking

Default eWoodShop - 327 Kitchen Refresh 2013

Swingman wrote:
Apparently this has been designated as the summer to do something about
the lake house we inherited from Linda's side of the family a few years back.

So far, one bathroom down; now a kitchen and another bath to go.

I decided to keep the solidly built upper cabinets in the kitchen and
just repair, repaint and make new doors for them. But, the base cabinets
will have to go ... first things first:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...3?noredirect=1

End of Phase 1:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554... 3779910917506

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, July 6, 2013 1:17:09 PM UTC-5, Swingman wrote:
End of Phase 1:

the last pic.
"End of Phase 1:Upper cabinets sanded, primed and painted, and new doors hung."

According to the clock, all done before noon. That's pretty darn good.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:
On Saturday, July 6, 2013 1:17:09 PM UTC-5, Swingman wrote:
End of Phase 1:

the last pic.
"End of Phase 1:Upper cabinets sanded, primed and painted, and new doors hung."

According to the clock, all done before noon. That's pretty darn good.

Second coat of BIN rolled on cabinets before 9PM last night, painted inside
corners and edges with a brush before 10:30 PM; hit the ground at 6 this
morning and was finished rolling paint and trim before 8AM; dry enough by
11AM to mount doors, and you're right, that took about 30 minutes (Linda is
a pretty good hand as a trim carpenter helper, she's had lots of practice
and with her help the two of us can boogie with Euro hinged doors). Doors
remained open until 8PM tonight when the dishes started going back in, and
will remain open tonight.

Me, I'm going fishing tomorrow...

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/6/2013 11:35 PM, Swingman wrote:
Sonny wrote:
[...]

why'd you roll them and not spray them?

Just curious..

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:
[...]

It would be pushing my Earlex SprayStation 5000 a bit hard to spray a water
based alkyd enamel (SW ProClassic) on a vertical surface. I can get away
with it spraying flat, like I did on the doors, but from experience I'd
have to thin it way too much for the look I wanted. I'm a lousy painter,
and a cautious one ... painting is just not what I do, so I take the easy
way out.

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

[...]