Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Upscale ;~)

Hey!

I got a package in the mail today from some place north of Texas. I
think some where in North America. After standing out in the cold, at
my mail box, staring at the return address it finally dawned to who this
was from. ;~)

I instantly realized the my Festool rewards program had paid off. So
digging around in my pocket for my pocket knife I finally located it
under a wad of keys and proceeded to cut the packaging tape along the
joint lines of the box. Slid the knife back in my pocket and tempted to
open the box. Nope, I missed a spot so back into my pocket searching
for that knife again. This time it was under the yoyo. More slices
along the joint lines and back into my pocket went the knife. The box
still will not open. I gazed over at my table saw and thought I had
better not. Back fishing for the knife and maliciously cutting along
every joint line two times. Oh! the box opens a different way that I
had been trying. Huh, that was easy....

I got the box open and my wife poked her nose in my business and I could
not see the contents. She said, some one sent you 4 AA batteries and a
couple of other things. ;~)

When in school I took mechanical and architectural drafting. Mechanical
pencils were an item that I always had particular preferences for. So I
was delighted to find 2 mechanical pencils in that box along with lead
and erasers.

THANK YOU!

If I ever see this Karl guy you mention in the enclosed note I will share.

Thank you again. That was a cheery spot in my day!

Leon

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 11 Mar 2015 13:48:42 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
I got a package in the mail today from some place north of Texas. I
think some where in North America. After standing out in the cold, at
my mail box, staring at the return address it finally dawned to who this
was from. ;~)

Hey, it got down there pretty fast. Nine days isn't too bad sending by
regular mail. Thought you might like one. ~ enjoy!

And yeah, they looked like batteries to me too.