Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Default PING UPSCALE

In another thread you're talking about maybe a cushin to raise you
up a bit.

Check these sites. Might give you some ideas. If was me, I think
I would think about getting an old, cheap, wheelchair, and modify it.
Maybe outriggers with wheels. Maybe just add four ATV wheels to widen
one. Mainly for shop use. Might be something you could get along with,
or just a stop-gap, until you got a shop with sunken tools.
http://www.prodgroup.com/products/bentley.html
http://www.asme.org/mechanicaladvant...ter96/kurt.htm

Personally, I don't think it would be that big a deal, shortening a
table saw. I'm thinking slice off the bottom, with the levelers, slice
out a section above that, then weld the bottom on what's left. That
would still leave your levelers on. I'm thinking bandsaw same.

Or, my personal choice. you can solve your problem by putting
something like this in, to raise your wheelchair up.
http://www.homemetalshopclub.org/pro...ane/crane.html No prob.

JOAT
Always put off until tomorrow something which, tomorrow, you could put
off until, let's say, next year.
- Lady Myria LeJean.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...All/page4.html

Upscale

"Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT" wrote in message
Check these sites. Might give you some ideas. If was me, I think
I would think about getting an old, cheap, wheelchair, and modify it.

I've disposed of more than one wheelchair these past twenty years so it's
likely I'll have one again to use for this purpose. Probably the easiest way
to raise it up would be to find some oversized wheels. I currently use 24"
tires so to gain three inches I'd have to go up to a 30" wheel. Wonder if I
could find some of that size that were usable? Then I'd have to find a way
to modify the front casters to accommodate the rear height. Isn't that the
way? Solving one problem always leads to another one.

Maybe outriggers with wheels. Maybe just add four ATV wheels to widen
one. Mainly for shop use. Might be something you could get along with,
or just a stop-gap, until you got a shop with sunken tools.
http://www.prodgroup.com/products/bentley.html
http://www.asme.org/mechanicaladvant...ter96/kurt.htm

Personally, I don't think it would be that big a deal, shortening a
table saw. I'm thinking slice off the bottom, with the levelers, slice
out a section above that, then weld the bottom on what's left. That
would still leave your levelers on. I'm thinking bandsaw same.

Yup. I'm sure that I'll get some stares when I'm out looking at cabinet saws
and asking the sales people to turn the saws on their sides so I can look at
modification possibilities for the bases. That would be a hoot! Sales people
staring at the crazy guy in the wheelchair.

Or, my personal choice. you can solve your problem by putting
something like this in, to raise your wheelchair up.
http://www.homemetalshopclub.org/pro...ane/crane.html No prob.

All good suggestions. As to the overhead sliding boom, that was the first
thing I thought of. I plan to rush right out and buy one when I win the next
$20,000,000 lottery. Of course, I'd need an electric one with remote control
since I'd be hanging in the air and not be able to push it anywhere.