Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PING: Upscale

I have been using Look, for both my TV and internet access, as you may
have heard, they sold their wireless spectrum to Bell and Rogers, I
haven`t heard what they are offering former Look subscribers, but lets
just say that I am not a big fan of either company.

You use Teksavvy for internet and usenet access, are you happy with
their service and usenet access, then I can ditch easynews as well and
save $10 a month.

PS, I would even take a TV recommendation if it isn`t Bell or Rogers,
you know anyone using StarChoice
Froz...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 8, 10:58*am, FrozenNorth
wrote:
I have been using Look, for both my TV and internet access, as you may
have heard, they sold their wireless spectrum to Bell and Rogers, I
haven`t heard what they are offering former Look subscribers, but lets
just say that I am not a big fan of either company.

You use Teksavvy for internet and usenet access, are you happy with
their service and usenet access, then I can ditch easynews as well and
save $10 a month.

PS, I would even take a TV recommendation if it isn`t Bell or Rogers,
you know anyone using StarChoice
Froz...

I used StarChoice for many years. Worked fine for me. Never did try it
on HD as I have not yet taken the plunge.
I went to digital cable (Cogeco) for my house pho, home internet and
TV. I also have Cogeco (.net) Business at my shop for my fax, phone
and internet. That internet connection just flies...up to 7MB/sec on a
good day, never below 5 MB/sec.
The package deal was simply too good to turn down...and it got that
eye-sore dish off my house.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 8 May 2009 08:12:10 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On May 8, 10:58*am, FrozenNorth
wrote:
[...]

Rogers is the only cable provider here, they jerked me around one to
many times.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Upscale

On Fri, 8 May 2009 16:05:17 -0500, "Upscale"
wrote:

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
You use Teksavvy for internet and usenet access, are you happy with
their service and usenet access, then I can ditch easynews as well and
save $10 a month.

Honestly, I'm extremely happy with Teksavvy. In total, I pay $35.65 a month
and that includes the optional dedicated IP. Newsgroup access is part of
their service. In fact, Teksavvy reduced their monthly prices a while back.
Where do you hear that happening these days? I left Rogers several years ago
when Rogers dumped Usenet without reducing monthly charges. I've never
regretted it.

The best reason though is Teksavvy's customer service. The few times I've
had to use it, customer service has been immediate and excellent. I almost
feel like I'm shilling for Teksavvy, but all I get out of it is great
service and low prices.

Is that recommendation enough for you?

Excellent, thanks, if they offer referral bonuses let me know, maybe
it is worth something to you, I probably will go with them. Things
looked good, just wanted an honest opinion.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 8 May 2009 16:12:26 -0500, "Upscale"
wrote:

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
You use Teksavvy for internet and usenet access, are you happy with
their service and usenet access, then I can ditch easynews as well and
save $10 a month.

Forgot to mention, I used http://www.canadianisp.ca/ when I searched out
Teksavvy. It may help you.

I am aware of Marc's site, just wanted a recommendation from someone
who actually uses a provider.

Thanks, again.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 8 May 2009 16:17:58 -0500, "Upscale"
wrote:

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
Excellent, thanks, if they offer referral bonuses let me know, maybe
it is worth something to you, I probably will go with them. Things
looked good, just wanted an honest opinion.

I think they do offer referral bonuses, but you don't have to submit one.
That's not why I recommended Teksavvy. The saving of a few dollars a month
is nice, but the customer service is what makes it for me. It's like night
and day comparing them to Roger's crap. Hell, I'd pay more money just to
thumb my nose at Rogers.

Ok, and Amen to the Rogers thing, they came by one day and
disconnected my cable without saying anything, said it was
interferring with air control at the airport, yikes. Not sure if that
was bs or not, but they wouldn't work with me on it, hence no more of
my money.