Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Just a little thank you note

Hello guys,
I've lurked around rec.woodworking for some years and made an occasional
post.
It's really good to see a ng being actively used. I've been hooked on usenet
for about 20 years.
The knowledge here is phenomenal.
Also, and perhaps unlike us rightpondian users, you are civil and polite in
the main.

I thank you.
Nick.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nick wrote:

Hello guys,
I've lurked around rec.woodworking for some years and made an
occasional post.

That does not qualify you to make additional posts. You must establish at
least 6 months of active posting before you can make a post...

It's really good to see a ng being actively used. I've been hooked on
usenet for about 20 years.

We are refusing to believe that usenet is dead.

The knowledge here is phenomenal.
Also, and perhaps unlike us rightpondian users, you are civil and
polite in the main.

Oh hell - pay more attention. We can be down right ornery. Especially the
Canadians... And even worse - the guys from the left coast.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 4 Mar 2015 17:08:17 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
Oh hell - pay more attention. We can be down right ornery. Especially the
Canadians... And even worse - the guys from the left coast.

Who do you think you're criticising you ornery, big-mouthed prick?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/4/2015 2:55 PM, Nick wrote:
Hello guys,
I've lurked around rec.woodworking for some years and made an occasional
post.
It's really good to see a ng being actively used. I've been hooked on usenet
for about 20 years.
The knowledge here is phenomenal.
Also, and perhaps unlike us rightpondian users, you are civil and polite in
the main.

I thank you.
Nick.

Really good to see you stilling hanging in, Mate.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave Balderstone wrote in news:050320151132325428%
:

In article , Mike Marlow
wrote:

Especially the
Canadians...

HEY! I resemble that remark!

You might enjoy this...
http://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/Canada

Read the comic first, then the explanation. (Normally, I'd link to the
comic only, but the explanation is fun, too.)

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Especially the
Canadians...

HEY! I resemble that remark!

You might enjoy this...
http://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/Canada

Read the comic first, then the explanation. (Normally, I'd link to the
comic only, but the explanation is fun, too.)

Puckdropper

The funniest part of the explanation is the "citation needed" tag next to "Canada is arguably part of reality already".
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Nick wrote:

Hello guys,
I've lurked around rec.woodworking for some years and made an
occasional post.

That does not qualify you to make additional posts. You must establish at
least 6 months of active posting before you can make a post...

It's really good to see a ng being actively used. I've been hooked on
usenet for about 20 years.

We are refusing to believe that usenet is dead.

The knowledge here is phenomenal.
Also, and perhaps unlike us rightpondian users, you are civil and
polite in the main.

Oh hell - pay more attention. We can be down right ornery. Especially
the Canadians... And even worse - the guys from the left coast.

--

Somebody here owes me a new monitor. I was chomping peanuts and swilling
good ale when I read.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nick wrote:

Thanks guys, and Jane (?), I'm glad I posted and you've reaffirmed my
original thought.

Damnit - don't call me Jane!

--

-Mike-

note from Don Karl Townsend Metalworking 4 June 28th 14 01:16 PM
A note of warning... The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 4 March 18th 14 08:52 AM
Note pad Jonesy82 Electronics Repair 4 December 20th 07 04:37 AM
Note to self! CJA Woodworking 10 June 12th 07 04:08 AM
OT But A Sad Note George Woodturning 1 October 12th 06 11:33 PM