Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dewalt Table Saw and After Market Fence

On Wednesday, December 1, 2004 at 9:32:57 PM UTC-6, mkellerm wrote:
Anyone out there with the Dewalt DW764 Tablesaw replace the fence yet?
I would like to replace the fence on mine and am looking for
suggestions. The DW764 fence is adequate but doesn't work well with
jigs or when using on the left side of the blade.

I am considering a biesemeyer fence but was curious if what others are
using. How difficult was it to mount the new fence? Is the cast iron
top difficult to drill?

Thanks
Marcus

If you are thinking Biesmeyer, you might also take a look at the Shop Fox Classic that is provided with quite a few of Grizzly table saws. One came on my Grizzly 1023 cabinet saw about 15 years ago and it is solid as a rock. It is also a Bies look-alike. Our son has a Grizzly cabinet saw with the aluminum version of the classic and it is a good fence too. I don't know what a Biesmeyer costs these days. The two fences mentioned above run in the $275 to $300 range and extension rails are available.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

RonB wrote:
[...]

Oh! The joy of Google groups. You get to reply to decades-old
questions and discussions. Do they not show you the date on those
entries? Apparently not, since many people do the same as you did.

--
 GW Ross

 A moment's insight is sometimes worth
 a life's experience.