Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodcraft Again

Woodcraft Again

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Well, they charged me quite a lot for freight, but I never did get any
feedback from them. Last Friday I received an email saying they would
ship
on Monday. On Tuesday I received an email saying that I was going to be
charged actual freight and asked if would I like to cancel the order. I
said, "Yes. If the order has not shipped cancel the order." On Thursday
received a package from them with one (1) leaf. I ordered four (4).
Today
I checked my credit card information online and they finally changed the
authorization/hold to a charge for the price of all four (4) units plus
the
exorbitant shipping charge. I called customer service who said, sorry
can't
help you. We can have somebody call you on Monday. I tried repeatedly to
communicate prior to today, and never got a call back or a any real
information about straightening it out. Everybody has problems, and makes
mistakes, but its how often they have problems, and what they do about it
that makes the difference. One order, multiple problems (from my
perspective) and left hanging all week with little or no communication,
and
the little communication I received was inadequate or contradictory.

To the guy who said I would have to try them to know. Well, now I know.

To the folks who have local stores and say their counter people are
helpful... good for you. Just know if there is problem with their online
systems and shipping and order handling and customer service it might not
go
as well.

Monday I'll call my credit card company.

Well, after much adieu, the rest of the pieces finally arrived today. They
refunded the shipping and gave me a gift card for a future purchase. I
think I'll give the gift card to a relative for Christmas. This was way too
much time and effort to get this all straightened out in my opinion.