Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Totally OT Yeah! Canada

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...162937532.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...-job-in-north-
america-caught-by-police--youtube-162937532.html

Mildly surprised it was in Calgary, and not somewhere in Quebec.

John
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 20:44:44 +0000 (UTC), John McCoy
https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...-job-in-north-
america-caught-by-police--youtube-162937532.html

Mildly surprised it was in Calgary, and not somewhere in Quebec.

In Quebec, the driver would have smashed the first parked car in until
he had enough space to make the turn to leave.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/10/2014 7:44 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 20:44:44 +0000 (UTC), John McCoy
https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...-job-in-north-
america-caught-by-police--youtube-162937532.html

Mildly surprised it was in Calgary, and not somewhere in Quebec.

In Quebec, the driver would have smashed the first parked car in until
he had enough space to make the turn to leave.

I've been to Quebec (Quebec City and Montreal, mostly) about a dozen
times. I can't say as I've noticed unusually bad driving, although they
don't seem to take much notice of snow and bad weather. I remember one
February we were on Autoroute 20 in a driving sleet. You had to do 70
(mph) just to keep up with traffic.

We did see one rather unusual parking job on one of the narrow streets
inside the walled part of Quebec. A man was moving a small car from one
side of the street to the other; what model I'm not sure, because it was
covered in a full three feet of snow. He left the driver's side window
open and drove blind while his wife shouted directions to him. "A
gauche, Henri. NON! A GAUCHE!"

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 09:51:05 -0500, Greg Guarino wrote:

I've been to Quebec (Quebec City and Montreal, mostly) about a dozen
times. I can't say as I've noticed unusually bad driving, although they
don't seem to take much notice of snow and bad weather.

The folks I've talked to in western Canada seem to think the Albertans
are the worst. But they probably don't see a lot of drivers from Quebec
and points east.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 17:51:33 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
I've been to Quebec (Quebec City and Montreal, mostly) about a dozen
times. I can't say as I've noticed unusually bad driving, although they
don't seem to take much notice of snow and bad weather.

The folks I've talked to in western Canada seem to think the Albertans
are the worst. But they probably don't see a lot of drivers from Quebec
and points east.

Well, I lived in Montreal for ten years, but, that was fifty years
ago. ~ Exactly the time when Rene Levesque was in power. Quebecers
were very driven then. Anyway, Levesque was one or the reasons why my
father packed up his family and moved to Toronto. Glad he did too, as
I didn't have to learn French anymore.

The only thing left of my French vocabulary is swearing in French.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/12/2014 10:51 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 09:51:05 -0500, Greg Guarino wrote:

I've been to Quebec (Quebec City and Montreal, mostly) about a dozen
times. I can't say as I've noticed unusually bad driving, although they
don't seem to take much notice of snow and bad weather.

The folks I've talked to in western Canada seem to think the Albertans
are the worst. But they probably don't see a lot of drivers from Quebec
and points east.

With the roaring economy of Alberta, a significant % of the population
comes from other parts of Canada including Quebec.
Graham
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/12/2014 1:34 PM, Leon wrote:
https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...162937532.html

The police tracked her down and ticketed her, but strangely *not* for
hit and run. It was a middle-aged woman. My politically incorrect
thought was that she must have been Chinese!
Graham