Posted to rec.woodworking

Default SawStop at Lee Valley Tools

Well, I was wondering if it would happen and it has. Lee Valley Tools
is now selling all models of SawStop table saws.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...56&cat=51&ap=1

Lee Valley has never really been a big power tool dealer aside from a
few pieces here and there. But, then Festool came along and
essentially shot that concept down. Now, one if not the biggest
workshop tool that many woodworkers will ever buy has made inroads to
Lee Valley Tools.

I'm wondering what's next for power tools?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 02:36:44 -0400, wrote:

Well, I was wondering if it would happen and it has. Lee Valley Tools
is now selling all models of SawStop table saws.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...56&cat=51&ap=1

Lee Valley has never really been a big power tool dealer aside from a
few pieces here and there. But, then Festool came along and
essentially shot that concept down. Now, one if not the biggest
workshop tool that many woodworkers will ever buy has made inroads to
Lee Valley Tools.

I'm wondering what's next for power tools?

Festool SawStops? Should be around in about five to seven years. ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/2/2014 2:36 AM, wrote:
Well, I was wondering if it would happen and it has. Lee Valley Tools
is now selling all models of SawStop table saws.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...56&cat=51&ap=1

Lee Valley has never really been a big power tool dealer aside from a
few pieces here and there. But, then Festool came along and
essentially shot that concept down. Now, one if not the biggest
workshop tool that many woodworkers will ever buy has made inroads to
Lee Valley Tools.

I'm wondering what's next for power tools?

Why is it more expensive in Ontario and east of here?

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 11:58:45 -0400, FrozenNorth
Why is it more expensive in Ontario and east of here?

Apparently, it's a shipping thing because SawStop manufacturing is in
the US Oregon mid west.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 10/2/2014 2:36 AM, wrote:
Well, I was wondering if it would happen and it has. Lee Valley Tools
is now selling all models of SawStop table saws.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...56&cat=51&ap=1

Lee Valley has never really been a big power tool dealer aside from a
few pieces here and there. But, then Festool came along and
essentially shot that concept down. Now, one if not the biggest
workshop tool that many woodworkers will ever buy has made inroads to
Lee Valley Tools.

I'm wondering what's next for power tools?

Why is it more expensive in Ontario and east of here?

Because everything is "more expensive in Ontario and east of here"?
That's why I moved (far) South of "here". ;-)