Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Good deal at Harbor Freight

In case anyone is looking - and I know this is one of the things that a lot
of us here look at from time to time... Harbor Freight has a good deal on
their 3/8" hose reel right now. I own one of these and have put it to more
use over the past 10 years or so that I've owned it, than most of us here
will put it through in a lifetime. Mine has been remarkably reliable.

This unit comes with at 3/8" hose which will last for a while - depending on
how you use it. For those like me who subject air hoses to solvents, that
life will be shorter than for those who do not. Mine lasted a couple or a
few years and then the hose finally started to degrade - but... my air hoses
are subject to some really nasty stuff. And - I don't screw around with
barbed repair ends. If you choose to, you could get more life out of the
hose maybe... but I just have never had good luck with those things.

I replaced mine at a point with another HF hose, but this time a 1/2"
Goodyear hose. It's been going strong for several years and is showing no
signs of wear. It took a little care to get the 1/2" hose mated and started
on the reel, but nothing dramatic.

FWIW, mine replaced a Snap On hose reel that gave up the ghost in well under
10 years of service - the mechanism failed. Regardless of what Snap On will
tell you, their warranty sucks and the cost to repair/replace their stuff is
much higher than they say, once you actually go to use that warranty. We
won't get fooled again...

So - for those thinking about a hose reel - here's one to look at.

http://www.harborfreight.com/retract...ose-69265.html

FWIW - in my local store, I just bought a reconditioned one as a birthday
present for my son for $50.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike - I passed that onto a buddy of mine that has been looking for a hose reel. He liked the deal, and will probably wind up getting it.

As for something you might be interested in, I have had good luck with these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...ups-97098.html

I know that you also use cups (I seem to remember that, anyway!) and I have used these with great success. Even if they leak a bit (only had one do that) they cleanup is SOOOO much easier:

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...ack-94631.html

Don't know if they work in a high pressure gun, but I don't know why they wouldn't.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Mike - I passed that onto a buddy of mine that has been looking for a
hose reel. He liked the deal, and will probably wind up getting it.

As for something you might be interested in, I have had good luck
with these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...ups-97098.html

I know that you also use cups (I seem to remember that, anyway!) and
I have used these with great success. Even if they leak a bit (only
had one do that) they cleanup is SOOOO much easier:

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...ack-94631.html

Don't know if they work in a high pressure gun, but I don't know why
they wouldn't.

Thanks Robert. I've considered going to the disposables but any time I
looked for them they were sold out. Either they don't order a lot in, or
they are a very popular item.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, August 23, 2014 1:25:00 AM UTC-5, wrote:
http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...ack-94631.html

I'll have to try those guns liners. Thanks Robert.

I may go, today, and get a hose reel.... maybe two, for the woodshop and upholstery shop.

Sonny