Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Vintage Chairs

I was curious if anyone could identify these chairs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291168679859...84.m1555.l2649

Posted to rec.woodworking

jameshaines wrote:
I was curious if anyone could identify these chairs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291168679859...84.m1555.l2649

They appear to be Vintage Mid Century Modern Chairs...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"jameshaines" wrote in message

I was curious if anyone could identify these chairs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291168679859...84.m1555.l2649

Generically, they are Eames chairs.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to rec.woodworking

In ,
jameshaines belched:
I was curious if anyone could identify these chairs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291168679859...84.m1555.l2649

they appear to be Knoll or Herman Miller knock offs.
Also very hard to reupholster because the cover is sewn to the black rubber
at edge and the cover is glued to the chair/foam.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:44:52 AM UTC-5, ChairMan wrote:
Also very hard to reupholster because the cover is sewn to the black rubber at edge and the cover is glued to the chair/foam.

And probably molded foam, of sorts, vacuum pressed onto the chair, first, and the upholstery is/might also be vacuum glue-pressed onto the foam. There was a guy, here, who used to repair/upholster similar/assortment of commercial chairs using a vacuum press. He applied that technique to some of his auto/bike/marine reupholstering, also.

Taking that vacuum cue, I once tried repairing/replacing the molded foam of a trashed tractor seat. Wrong kind of foam, but it half-ass worked. It was fine for my BIL, so nothing was lost. I suppose a larger piece and/or a more intricate piece would be more problematic for vacuum pressing efficiently.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/18/2014 11:44 AM, ChairMan wrote:
In ,
jameshaines belched:
I was curious if anyone could identify these chairs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291168679859...84.m1555.l2649

they appear to be Knoll or Herman Miller knock offs.
Also very hard to reupholster because the cover is sewn to the black rubber
at edge and the cover is glued to the chair/foam.

I saw somewhat similar chairs yesterday, in Austell GA, not that far
from the item location.

Austell seems to be a city of discounts, wholesalers and used. We went
to buy paint, mistints, $4 gallon, $2 quart, $20 5 gallon. Good stuff,
Benny Moore and Porter mostly. Just not in antique white. Came back with
a 8 1/2 gallons of paint and primer, a blender, several hundred yards of
masking tape and a giant bungee cord, under $60.

Jeff

--
pentapus

Gas lift chairs Doki UK diy 4 March 20th 08 02:05 PM
Adirondack Chairs samson Woodworking 10 August 2nd 07 01:50 PM
ADIRONDAK CHAIRS buildit8 Woodworking 4 April 20th 06 11:14 AM
Adirondack chairs woodworker88 Woodworking 21 June 9th 05 03:38 PM
Refinishing oak chairs Paul Tomlinson UK diy 0 April 26th 05 02:27 PM