Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Hannah Cabinet

Created and Presented by Geoffery S. Hannah:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/yik1FJ58NdY

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Spalted Walt" wrote in message
Created and Presented by Geoffery S. Hannah:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/yik1FJ58NdY

Hey Leon, give you any ideas? ;-)

That little piece of art is valued at a million and a half bucks. He made
an earlier piece that sold for $500.000. Talk about high end work (and
prices). It took him six years to build it. It was built as a tribute to
his parents.

There are artists, craftsman and work that make feel humble and unskilled.
Thai makes me feel like a one celled creature. That is totally over the
top. There is lots on info on this on the web. This guy is well known in
his native Australia. There are so many drawers and secret compartments in
it that nobody is certain that they have found them all.

I would never have the patience for something like this. But I got to
admire his craftsmanship, artistry and sheer tenacity.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 14:44:33 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
That little piece of art is valued at a million and a half bucks. He made
an earlier piece that sold for $500.000. Talk about high end work (and
prices). It took him six years to build it. It was built as a tribute to
his parents.

Those figures you've mentioned don't seem all that out of line
considering the materials he's used. I wonder what kind of outlay he
had to spend for all that exotic wood and material?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/11/2014 1:19 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
Created and Presented by Geoffery S. Hannah:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/yik1FJ58NdY

OMG... that's beautiful, and the craftsmanship is something I will never
achieve in multiple lifetimes...

Thank you.

--
Jeff