Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Old Craftsman Jointer

On Friday, August 25, 2000 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Robert Greene wrote:
I have an old Craftsman jointer, 103.23340. Should I try to "bring it back",
or give up? Sears parts doesn't recognize the number - perhaps it's from the
40's?

1953, keep it!
Posted to rec.woodworking

Model 103.23340. If operable, what is the value?
Thanks
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/6/2019 11:00 AM, wrote:
Model 103.23340. If operable, what is the value?
Thanks

DAGS and you'll see that the current asking price is around $150

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dear Woodworking Group__
My father purchased a Craftsman 113 table saw and a 103 6" Jointer in the 50s. I have both. I semi restored the table saw although I need a blade guard if anyone has one in any shape, I'm interested.
The Jointer I recently inspected and the motor fired right up. It has a start capacitor on the bottom which appears to be inside a rectangular paper box. Never seen this before but the motor runs great. The jointer is in great condition but looks like the blades need sharpening or replacing. I see guys say the blades can be bought. Can someone let me know where I can buy new blades? They are 6 and 1/8th inch i think.
I just ordered a new motor pulley for it.

Thank you and glad I found this group.

Laurent
Bergheim, TX

FS: Craftsman Jointer/Planer Michael White Woodworking 0 April 9th 07 04:07 AM
Craftsman Jointer Screws. Don Dando Woodworking 4 September 27th 06 04:08 AM
Craftsman jointer. SBO Woodworking 4 January 17th 06 03:00 AM
FS: Craftsman Band Saw and 6" jointer Dan Todd Woodworking 0 February 12th 05 07:46 AM
Newer Ridgid jointer or older Craftsman jointer RobW Woodworking 5 November 5th 04 05:47 PM