Posted to rec.woodworking

Default interesting use of DC

today I removed the bags off the DC, pulled the DC up the stairs, put on
the old 30 micron bags and a hose and sucked leaves up.
Then I found out I had to remove the thein internal baffle...

But overall, it did a pretty good job of mulching the leaves. Not great,
but a pretty good reduction. I was a pain to keep emptying the bags, but
next time I might use a plastic back on the bottom and see how it goes.
I think I got a 3 to 1 reduction, maybe more.
--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 04/09/2014 01:06 PM, woodchucker wrote:
today I removed the bags off the DC, pulled the DC up the stairs, put on
the old 30 micron bags and a hose and sucked leaves up.
Then I found out I had to remove the thein internal baffle...

But overall, it did a pretty good job of mulching the leaves. Not great,
but a pretty good reduction. I was a pain to keep emptying the bags, but
next time I might use a plastic back on the bottom and see how it goes.
I think I got a 3 to 1 reduction, maybe more.

Wouldn't it be easier to just rake them into your neighbor's yard and
set them on fire? ;-)

--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
mmunications...

On 04/09/2014 01:06 PM, woodchucker wrote:
today I removed the bags off the DC, pulled the DC up the stairs, put on
the old 30 micron bags and a hose and sucked leaves up.
Then I found out I had to remove the thein internal baffle...

But overall, it did a pretty good job of mulching the leaves. Not great,
but a pretty good reduction. I was a pain to keep emptying the bags, but
next time I might use a plastic back on the bottom and see how it goes.
I think I got a 3 to 1 reduction, maybe more.

Wouldn't it be easier to just rake them into your neighbor's yard and
set them on fire? ;-)

Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
"In the history of the world, no one has ever washed a rented car."
- Lawrence Summers

Prolly a long rake for you there fella! To the YouCon prehaps?

--

KKK

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/9/2014 5:12 PM, Kevin Miller wrote:
On 04/09/2014 01:06 PM, woodchucker wrote:
today I removed the bags off the DC, pulled the DC up the stairs, put on
the old 30 micron bags and a hose and sucked leaves up.
Then I found out I had to remove the thein internal baffle...

But overall, it did a pretty good job of mulching the leaves. Not great,
but a pretty good reduction. I was a pain to keep emptying the bags, but
next time I might use a plastic back on the bottom and see how it goes.
I think I got a 3 to 1 reduction, maybe more.

Wouldn't it be easier to just rake them into your neighbor's yard and
set them on fire? ;-)

Would love to, after their dog attacked mine for the 3rd time, they
bought a new car then 2 weeks later declared bankruptcy.
They never rake their leaves, so most of what I get is their leaves...

But that wouldn't be real neighborly of me... :-p

--
Jeff

How interesting... Adrian UK diy 25 October 23rd 13 10:21 PM
Believe me, This is Interesting N M Electronics Repair 4 March 16th 10 09:38 PM
Interesting....veddy interesting....OT of course. Rex Metalworking 11 November 16th 07 06:31 PM
Interesting....veddy interesting....OT of course. Rex Metalworking 0 November 8th 07 10:11 PM
OT - Interesting Cliff Metalworking 3 December 17th 04 12:35 AM