Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How interesting...

A local low-energy-renewable-green season of events is about to start.

One venue open is an eco house which is allegedly so efficient it
generates £4,500 in income every year from FiT, as well as enough
electricity to run a Mitsu i-Miev. Contact Harry on...

Remarkable coincidence...?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian wrote:
A local low-energy-renewable-green season of events is about to start.

One venue open is an eco house which is allegedly so efficient it
generates B#4,500 in income every year from FiT,

Um, that's not efficiency, that's leeching. ;-)

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:
Um, that's not efficiency, that's leeching. ;-)

Efficiency is when I replaced the roof and windows in my
flat and the tenants could keep the place warm by turning
off the heating and breathing.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:03:52 PM UTC+1, polygonum wrote:
Efficiency is when I replaced the roof and windows in my
flat and the tenants could keep the place warm by turning

Isn't turning off the breathing a step too far... ?

It's lifestyle management to reduce condensation.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 09:18:07 +0000 (UTC)
Adrian wrote:

A local low-energy-renewable-green season of events is about to start.

One venue open is an eco house which is allegedly so efficient it
generates £4,500 in income every year from FiT, as well as enough
electricity to run a Mitsu i-Miev. Contact Harry on...

Remarkable coincidence...?

Until the FiT stops being available?
--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/10/2013 10:18, Adrian wrote:
A local low-energy-renewable-green season of events is about to start.

One venue open is an eco house which is allegedly so efficient it
generates £4,500 in income every year from FiT, as well as enough
electricity to run a Mitsu i-Miev. Contact Harry on...

Remarkable coincidence...?

But how does solar charge an electric car that is being used during the day?
Does arry only drive at night?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 08 Oct 2013 13:21:00 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

One venue open is an eco house which is allegedly so efficient it
generates £4,500 in income every year from FiT, as well as enough
electricity to run a Mitsu i-Miev. Contact Harry on...

But how does solar charge an electric car that is being used during the
day? Does arry only drive at night?

'arry doesn't drive much at all, day or night. 'lectric car see,
range hardly enough to get to the supermarket and back. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/10/2013 10:18, Adrian wrote:
A local low-energy-renewable-green season of events is about to start.

One venue open is an eco house which is allegedly so efficient it
generates £4,500 in income every year from FiT, as well as enough
electricity to run a Mitsu i-Miev. Contact Harry on...

Remarkable coincidence...?

Harry is presumably now green with envy since it is unlikely he gets
significantly more than £1500 from his 4kw array.

--
Roger Chapman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Chapman wrote:

On 08/10/2013 10:18, Adrian wrote:
A local low-energy-renewable-green season of events is about to start.

One venue open is an eco house which is allegedly so efficient it
generates £4,500 in income every year from FiT, as well as enough
electricity to run a Mitsu i-Miev. Contact Harry on...

Remarkable coincidence...?

Harry is presumably now green with envy since it is unlikely he gets
significantly more than £1500 from his 4kw array.

Have a look at
http://www.herefordshirenewleaf.org.uk/net-zero-energy-house-solar-passive-plus-pv-panels

I think it unlikely that even Harry could envy himself.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/10/2013 15:30, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Roger Chapman wrote:

On 08/10/2013 10:18, Adrian wrote:
A local low-energy-renewable-green season of events is about to start.

One venue open is an eco house which is allegedly so efficient it
generates £4,500 in income every year from FiT, as well as enough
electricity to run a Mitsu i-Miev. Contact Harry on...

Remarkable coincidence...?

Harry is presumably now green with envy since it is unlikely he gets
significantly more than £1500 from his 4kw array.

Its amazing what a bit of double counting can do for the figures...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Chapman wrote:

On 08/10/2013 10:18, Adrian wrote:
A local low-energy-renewable-green season of events is about to start.

One venue open is an eco house which is allegedly so efficient it
generates £4,500 in income every year from FiT, as well as enough
electricity to run a Mitsu i-Miev. Contact Harry on...

Remarkable coincidence...?

Harry is presumably now green with envy since it is unlikely he gets
significantly more than £1500 from his 4kw array.

Its amazing what a bit of double counting can do for the figures...

Well I for one did think that the contact being 'Harry' was just a

remarkable coincidence but the original report above does definitely
state £4,500 from FiT.

So let us assume Harry gets £1500 via his FiT contract. Where does the
other £3000 come from? The original report states it generates income
which is not the same as saving money by using free electricity or by
insulating to such a high standard that heating is not required. Even if
the real meaning is savings a modern house would not have energy bills
in excess of £1000 and the mileage you can do in an electric car would
make it difficult to justify savings in petrol and VED of any magnitude
if he ran a small petrol car instead.

--
Roger Chapman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Chapman wrote:

On 08/10/2013 10:18, Adrian wrote:
A local low-energy-renewable-green season of events is about to start.

One venue open is an eco house which is allegedly so efficient it
generates £4,500 in income every year from FiT, as well as enough
electricity to run a Mitsu i-Miev. Contact Harry on...

Remarkable coincidence...?

Harry is presumably now green with envy since it is unlikely he gets
significantly more than £1500 from his 4kw array.

Have a look at
http://www.herefordshirenewleaf.org.uk/net-zero-energy-house-solar-passive-plus-pv-panels

I think it unlikely that even Harry could envy himself.

Chris

Well the £4k5 saving is much more than my energy bill so it would be a
bit difficult to save that much.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 08 Oct 2013 15:30:41 +0100, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

Have a look at
http://www.herefordshirenewleaf.org.uk/net-zero-energy-house-solar-passive-plus-pv-panels

I think it unlikely that even Harry could envy himself.

If I was in any doubt, the pillbox windows sealed it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ara-chloroptera/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
On Tue, 08 Oct 2013 15:30:41 +0100, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

Have a look at
http://www.herefordshirenewleaf.org....solar-passive-

plus-pv-panels

I think it unlikely that even Harry could envy himself.

If I was in any doubt, the pillbox windows sealed it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ara-chloroptera/

OMG:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ara-chl...ra/5647253530/
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/10/2013 22:20, fred wrote:
In article , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
wrote:

Have a look at
http://www.herefordshirenewleaf.org....solar-passive-

plus-pv-panels

I think it unlikely that even Harry could envy himself.

If I was in any doubt, the pillbox windows sealed it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ara-chloroptera/

OMG:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ara-chl...ra/5647253530/

I take it you have not seen the TV program then?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Have a look at
http://www.herefordshirenewleaf.org.uk/net-zero-energy-house-solar-passive-plus-pv-panels

I think it unlikely that even Harry could envy himself.

If I was in any doubt, the pillbox windows sealed it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ara-chloroptera/

But if that is arrys house how does he claim 41p per unit generated.
He has 21 panels and that would put him over the 4kWp (16 250w/240w
panels would be the limit) where the FIT drops.
I hope he hasn't made a false claim or it could get cancelled.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/10/2013 23:13 dennis@home wrote:

But if that is arrys house how does he claim 41p per unit generated.
He has 21 panels and that would put him over the 4kWp (16 250w/240w
panels would be the limit) where the FIT drops.

A 21 panel installation doesn't necessarily mean the total output is
over the 4kWp limit. Not all panels produce 250W.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/10/2013 10:18, Adrian wrote:
A local low-energy-renewable-green season of events is about to start.

One venue open is an eco house which is allegedly so efficient it
generates £4,500 in income every year from FiT, as well as enough
electricity to run a Mitsu i-Miev. Contact Harry on...

Essex Fire Brigade is going to spend £2M on solar panels because it's
going to generate revenue and save council tax payer money. They failed
to say that the council tax payer is first going to stump up the £2M for
fitting AND then an extra 4% of their power utility bills for FIT
payments. Where is the saving to the council tax payer or do Fire
Brigade leaders think there is magic bucket of money from which these
payment appear?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 08 Oct 2013 22:51:55 +0100, alan wrote:

Essex Fire Brigade is going to spend £2M on solar panels because it's
going to generate revenue and save council tax payer money. They failed
to say that the council tax payer is first going to stump up the £2M
for fitting AND then an extra 4% of their power utility bills for FIT
payments. Where is the saving to the council tax payer or do Fire
Brigade leaders think there is magic bucket of money from which these
payment appear?

Perhaps you ought to write a letter to the local paper(s) copied to
the local Council and Fire service asking for clarification (aka
proof) that there will be a saving for the "council tax payer" and
how long it will be before the that saving actually appears.

The 4% (that low I thought the "green levy" was 11% ...) is sort of
irelevant as you are going to pay that wether the panels are
installed or not.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/10/2013 09:09, Dave Liquorice wrote:

The 4% (that low I thought the "green levy" was 11% ...) is sort of
irelevant as you are going to pay that wether the panels are
installed or not.

In the last few days a radio 4 program reported that the total green
levy was closer to 20% of your bill. The 4% is the amount paid by the
majority to just fund those with solar panels. Windmills etc. are
another 10 to 12%.

Interesting!!! Ed Huntress Metalworking 0 December 5th 11 12:53 AM
Believe me, This is Interesting N M Electronics Repair 4 March 16th 10 09:38 PM
Interesting SteveB[_2_] Metalworking 19 February 11th 08 01:46 PM
Interesting....veddy interesting....OT of course. Rex Metalworking 11 November 16th 07 06:31 PM
Interesting....veddy interesting....OT of course. Rex Metalworking 0 November 8th 07 10:11 PM