Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Starting young

My 5 year old granddaughter decided she wants gramps to build her a birdhouse. I agreed with the condition that she helped. After I cut the components, I pulled up a stool so she could drill holes for the perch dowel and the bird entrance.

She wanted red so we went to the local Ace and she picked out her color and, since grandma was along for the ride, a doll. 5 bucks for the paint, 2 bucks for the brushes and -- 16 for the doll. Next time grandma stays home.

She wanted to drive the Domino, but I think we'll wait a couple years for that.

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/24/2014 7:46 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
My 5 year old granddaughter decided she wants gramps to build her a birdhouse. I agreed with the condition that she helped. After I cut the components, I pulled up a stool so she could drill holes for the perch dowel and the bird entrance.

She wanted red so we went to the local Ace and she picked out her color and, since grandma was along for the ride, a doll. 5 bucks for the paint, 2 bucks for the brushes and -- 16 for the doll. Next time grandma stays home.

She wanted to drive the Domino, but I think we'll wait a couple years for that.

Larry

Next year Grandma will buy her a Domino of her own.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Good for you......great to have the kids helping out.
My son's built their bedrooms with my help of course.
And we tinkered in the garage a lot.....building racers, and you name
it......
Now one is a Stanford Graduate in Engineering and the other is
manager/repairs of a large bicycle shop....
john