Posted to rec.woodworking
Gramps' shop Gramps' shop is offline

Default Starting young

My 5 year old granddaughter decided she wants gramps to build her a birdhouse. I agreed with the condition that she helped. After I cut the components, I pulled up a stool so she could drill holes for the perch dowel and the bird entrance.

She wanted red so we went to the local Ace and she picked out her color and, since grandma was along for the ride, a doll. 5 bucks for the paint, 2 bucks for the brushes and -- 16 for the doll. Next time grandma stays home.

She wanted to drive the Domino, but I think we'll wait a couple years for that.

Larry