Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Looking for wood ironing board plans

I want to build a wood ironing board that is sturdy for quilt making.
Have not been able to find plans.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/2/2014 5:44 PM, Anonymous wrote:
I want to build a wood ironing board that is sturdy for quilt making.
Have not been able to find plans.

Couldn't you simply use a regular ironing board as a template on your
choice of wood?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, March 2, 2014 4:44:02 PM UTC-6, Anonymous wrote:
I want to build a wood ironing board that is sturdy for quilt making. Have not been able to find plans. --

I don't have any plans, but I have an old wooden ironing board, salvaged from an old plantation house. It was an in-wall unit, that hinged down from inside a small closet. It's longer and more narrow than a typical/modern ironing board. I can take pics and get a few measurements, if you think this will help.

I don't recall if there are any legs to it.... it's been stashed in the old shop for decades and I don't recall its complete intactness.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

Anonymous wrote:

I want to build a wood ironing board that is sturdy for quilt making.
Have not been able to find plans.

Did you even try a google search? I used the search string "wood
ironingboard plans" and turned up too many references to bother pointing you
to in this post. Some look pretty good. Give it another try since only you
know what you're really looking for and only you can know if any of those
meet your expectations.

--

-Mike-

Plans for making a regular sized ironing board worker bee Home Repair 9 December 14th 11 08:59 PM
LF: Shed plans, cedar saltbox style, board & batten [email protected] Home Repair 0 May 27th 06 04:30 PM
photo board plans CNN_news Woodworking 1 October 22nd 05 06:25 AM
Ironing board: mounting brackets [email protected] UK diy 3 March 8th 05 11:56 PM
is there a no cover ironing board? Anthony Ewell Home Repair 0 September 5th 04 04:24 AM