Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need blade dimension

What is the actual dimension of the blades in the model 351.233831 planer.
I cannot find any but can have a set made. To the best I can figure, the
blades are 1/8"thick X 11/16"wide X 12 1/2" lg. If anyone has a source for
these items, please let it be known. Love the machine.

Posted to rec.woodworking

--

You love the machine, so you must be using it.

Have you thought of/tried to measure the blades that are in it?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry McG. wrote:
What is the actual dimension of the blades in the model 351.233831 planer.
I cannot find any but can have a set made. To the best I can figure, the
blades are 1/8"thick X 11/16"wide X 12 1/2" lg. If anyone has a source for
these items, please let it be known. Love the machine.

You neglected to give the brand name, but if it is a Sears or Festool
I can understand that.

--
 GW Ross

 The facts, although interesting, are
 irrelevant.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Check out http://www.americannationalknife.com/8To12.asp

--
Dan Kozar

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to G. Ross , Larry McG. wrote:
gwr95 wrote:

You neglected to give the brand name, but if it is a Sears or Festool
I can understand that.
--
 GW Ross
 The facts, although interesting, are
 irrelevant.

Sorry about that, it is a Craftsman .

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to Leon , Larry McG. wrote:
lcb11211 wrote:

You love the machine, so you must be using it.
Have you thought of/tried to measure the blades that are in it?

Yes I have. That is were I came up with the dimensions I gave. However,
the knives are still in the machine and I am using it every day and do not
want to take them out until I have replacements. Then I can replace and
have the present blades sharpened. That way I will always have a sharp
set ready. If you know a source, please let me know.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/20/2014 7:44 PM, Larry McG. wrote:
What is the actual dimension of the blades in the model 351.233831 planer.
I cannot find any but can have a set made. To the best I can figure, the
blades are 1/8"thick X 11/16"wide X 12 1/2" lg. If anyone has a source for
these items, please let it be known. Love the machine.

If it is Sears then have you considered trying to order parts from them?

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...3/0247/0734000
Posted to rec.woodworking

If it is Sears then have you considered trying to order parts from them?

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...3/0247/0734000

Well... I took a quick look and those blades are no longer available. I would say take em out and measure em.
Posted to rec.woodworking

lcb11211 wrote:

You love the machine, so you must be using it. Have you thought
of/tried to measure the blades that are in it?

Yes I have. That is were I came up with the dimensions I gave. However,
the knives are still in the machine and I am using it every day and do not
want to take them out until I have replacements. Then I can replace and
have the present blades sharpened. That way I will always have a sharp
set ready. If you know a source, please let me know.

Try here

http://jesada.com/index.php?page=sho...emart&Itemid=1
Posted to rec.woodworking

Just ordered 2 sets from Sears yesterday ?

Posted to rec.woodworking

23377.00 is part number
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 7:44:02 PM UTC-5, Larry McG. wrote:
What is the actual dimension of the blades in the model 351.233831 planer.
I cannot find any but can have a set made. To the best I can figure, the
blades are 1/8"thick X 11/16"wide X 12 1/2" lg. If anyone has a source for
these items, please let it be known. Love the machine.

--

These them?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Craftsman-9-2...-/161792057062

shed dimension [email protected] Home Repair 9 May 23rd 09 11:18 AM
Dimension printer Stupendous Man Metalworking 0 February 28th 09 05:34 PM
Pipe dimension RoyJ Metalworking 13 October 30th 08 12:45 AM
Bridgeport dimension GeoLane at PTD dot NET Metalworking 40 October 24th 08 07:03 AM
Decimal dimension help [email protected] Woodworking 9 July 15th 05 03:10 AM