Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I made a bowl!

Or is it a tray. Anyway it was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okwhl-yNKCU
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 2:21:03 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Or is it a tray. Anyway it was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okwhl-yNKCU

Nice! I used to do some amateur wood working but nothing like that. After the table saw "oops, brain fart" I kinda lost interest (and a finger). I do appreciate nice work though!
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Saturday, February 15, 2014 2:21:03 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Or is it a tray. Anyway it was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okwhl-yNKCU
Nice! I used to do some amateur wood working but nothing like that. After the table saw "oops, brain fart" I kinda lost interest (and a finger). I do appreciate nice work though!

It was a nice interesting video! I liked its quick pace.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 2:21:03 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Or is it a tray. Anyway it was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okwhl-yNKCU

Very nice, Brian. Now you need to get a lathe and really turn out some bowls.

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Or is it a tray. Anyway it was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okwhl-yNKCU

Brian - you waste so much walnut with your oversized cuts - but fear not,
because I'm right here behind ya brother. Just send all those cutoffs to me
and I'll put 'em to some use.

Oh yeah - nice tray.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 6:30:55 PM UTC-5, Gramps' shop wrote:
On Saturday, February 15, 2014 2:21:03 PM UTC-6, wrote:

Or is it a tray. Anyway it was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okwhl-yNKCU

Very nice, Brian. Now you need to get a lathe and really turn out some bowls.

Larry

Yes! I agree 100%. That'll be my next big purchase. I keep drooling over the Powermatic 3520B. I need to convince my wife that I "need" that much lathe.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 8:26:43 PM UTC-5, Mike Marlow wrote:
wrote:

Or is it a tray. Anyway it was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okwhl-yNKCU

Brian - you waste so much walnut with your oversized cuts - but fear not,

because I'm right here behind ya brother. Just send all those cutoffs to me

and I'll put 'em to some use.

Ha ha! In all seriousness I throw very little away. That which I do toss gets burned in a wood stove in the backyard with the kids and a few marshmallows.

Better to resaw off what you don't need than to plane into useless chips. That's what I tell myself anyway

Oh yeah - nice tray.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

Brian - you waste so much walnut with your oversized cuts - but fear
not, because I'm right here behind ya brother. Just send all those
cutoffs to me and I'll put 'em to some use.

Some more router crafted bowls.

http://tinyurl.com/m5ny3ou

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

Brian - you waste so much walnut with your oversized cuts - but fear

not, because I'm right here behind ya brother. Just send all those

cutoffs to me and I'll put 'em to some use.

Some more router crafted bowls.

http://tinyurl.com/m5ny3ou

Lew

Thanks for that Lew! Saved.

I wonder if the router collet extension can stress the router bearings from the added leverage?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
On Saturday, February 15, 2014 6:30:55 PM UTC-5, Gramps' shop wrote:
On Saturday, February 15, 2014 2:21:03 PM UTC-6, wrote:

Or is it a tray. Anyway it was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okwhl-yNKCU

Very nice, Brian. Now you need to get a lathe and really turn out some bowls.

Larry

Yes! I agree 100%. That'll be my next big purchase. I keep drooling
over the Powermatic 3520B. I need to convince my wife that I "need" that much lathe.

"IF" you are not turning now and think you would like to get into turning,

Turning is a whole different aspect to woodworking and a fortune can be
spent on equipment and tools before you even know whether you will like it
or not.

I would strongly advise to buy close to entry level, but a decent brand,
lathe and start off with carbide tipped tools, something equivalent to
"Easywood Tools"". You really only need 2-3 of their tools to turn almost
anything and they do not require any sharpening equipment.

I have owned 2 different lathes for 30 plus years and never really got into
turning until the last 5-6 years.

It takes years of practice to become as proficient with a lathe as you are
with a table saw. You may not like it or have the patience.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 18:03:43 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 6:30:55 PM UTC-5, Gramps' shop wrote:
On Saturday, February 15, 2014 2:21:03 PM UTC-6, wrote:

Or is it a tray. Anyway it was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okwhl-yNKCU

Very nice, Brian. Now you need to get a lathe and really turn out some bowls.

Larry

Yes! I agree 100%. That'll be my next big purchase. I keep drooling over the Powermatic 3520B. I need to convince my wife that I "need" that much lathe.

Just remind your wife that bigger is better because size does matter.

Jim

Other advancements were also being made to improve the durability ofthe wristwatch. The faces were replace with ones made of synthetic plastic.This made them much more durable and resistant to breaking and cracking.Another advancement was in the dial wholesale2 Electronics Repair 0 April 19th 08 08:16 PM
How to clean a stain off a machine made or hand made rug reviberation Home Repair 1 June 21st 07 08:03 PM
home made chuck for finishing the bowl base? minnjim Woodturning 36 April 9th 07 07:18 AM
Ash Bowl robo hippy Woodturning 5 August 4th 05 04:21 PM
A Big Big Big Bowl STEFANEE STIEN Woodturning 9 November 14th 04 12:21 AM