Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Another woodworking show

I've attended the Woodworking Show in Milwaukee several times and have enjoyed it. It's here again March 14-16. This weekend, there's the Woodworking and DIY Show at the same venue. Has anyone attended this one? Worth the time?

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:03:46 PM UTC-6, Gramps' shop wrote:
I've attended the Woodworking Show in Milwaukee several times and have enjoyed it. It's here again March 14-16. This weekend, there's the Woodworking and DIY Show at the same venue. Has anyone attended this one? Worth the time?

Larry

Never mind. I checked with the venue and there is no such show, regardless of what was promoted on the web. Gives me another month to squirrel away my pennies for the other show.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/14/2014 9:31 AM, Gramps' shop wrote:
On Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:03:46 PM UTC-6, Gramps' shop wrote:
I've attended the Woodworking Show in Milwaukee several times and have enjoyed it. It's here again March 14-16. This weekend, there's the Woodworking and DIY Show at the same venue. Has anyone attended this one? Worth the time?

Larry

Never mind. I checked with the venue and there is no such show, regardless of what was promoted on the web. Gives me another month to squirrel away my pennies for the other show.

How big is the MKE show, Larry? Haven't been to one up there (nor to
any down in the Chicago area for a good ten years or so) before.

Last I looked they hadn't placed the full schedule (seminars, etc) on
the site.

What kind of time (other than the seminars, classes, if any,etc)do you
figure one should allot (unless planning to buy one of everything and
transport same out the parking lot and put in the car)g

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/15/2014 5:34 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
I usually allot half a day for the show as I don't spend much time at
the seminars. I set myself an allowance BEFORE going in ... and I've
never managed to stay within it. I'm hoping they have the free saw
blade sharpening booth again; it was AWOL last year.

Thanks... who sponsored the saw sharpening booth?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sorry ... I don't recall the sponsor.

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:47:25 PM UTC-6, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
On 2/15/2014 5:34 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:

I usually allot half a day for the show as I don't spend much time at

the seminars. I set myself an allowance BEFORE going in ... and I've

never managed to stay within it. I'm hoping they have the free saw

blade sharpening booth again; it was AWOL last year.

Thanks... who sponsored the saw sharpening booth?

Woodworking Show Meanie[_4_] Woodworking 29 February 8th 14 02:52 PM
New Woodworking Show. [email protected] Woodworking 3 March 4th 10 10:43 PM
The Woodworking Show Jack Casuso Woodworking 0 October 15th 07 06:40 PM
New woodworking show RayV Woodworking 7 March 25th 07 05:31 PM
woodworking show neal.don Woodworking 31 January 24th 05 07:04 PM