Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Check out this guys shop wall

Look how many drills he has, how organized he is.
Holly Crap.
http://youtu.be/JYxDXHGRRrk
--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 04 Feb 2014 12:48:48 -0500, woodchucker
wrote:

Look how many drills he has, how organized he is.
Holly Crap.
http://youtu.be/JYxDXHGRRrk

Yeah, he needs anotheer tool or two.

Maybe he thinks that when you die the guy with most tools wins.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Look how many drills he has, how organized he is.
Holly Crap.
http://youtu.be/JYxDXHGRRrk

Yeah, he needs anotheer tool or two.

Maybe he thinks that when you die the guy with most tools wins.

Well? ...and your point is?

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Look how many drills he has, how organized he is.
Holly Crap.
http://youtu.be/JYxDXHGRRrk

Yeah, he needs anotheer tool or two.

Maybe he thinks that when you die the guy with most tools wins.

Well? ...and your point is?

I guess I will concede to that.

By the way things look he built the storage system on the wall around
all the tools he has.

Wonder what he would do if he bought another drill. Build a new place
to put it?
Posted to rec.woodworking

He must spend 80% of his shop time organizing. I spend 80% of my time trying to find my tape measure.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:48:48 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:
Look how many drills he has,

Probably never needs to change a bit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Look how many drills he has, how organized he is.
Holly Crap.
http://youtu.be/JYxDXHGRRrk
Yeah, he needs anotheer tool or two.

Maybe he thinks that when you die the guy with most tools wins.

Well? ...and your point is?

I guess I will concede to that.

By the way things look he built the storage system on the wall around
all the tools he has.

Wonder what he would do if he bought another drill. Build a new place
to put it?

I found that after I noticed the fore-mentioned drills and started
looking at all of the stuff he has, I could even pay attention to what
he was saying! : )

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gramps' shop" wrote in
:

He must spend 80% of his shop time organizing. I spend 80% of my time
trying to find my tape measure.

If you spend the other 20% using your tape measure, it's no wonder nothing
gets done. *g* :-)

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/5/2014 11:08 PM, Bill wrote:

I found that after I noticed the fore-mentioned drills and started
looking at all of the stuff he has, I could even pay attention to what
he was saying! : )

Most of the time, the only reason behind having a shop like that is to
have a shop like that.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Look how many drills he has, how organized he is.
Holly Crap.
http://youtu.be/JYxDXHGRRrk
Yeah, he needs anotheer tool or two.

Maybe he thinks that when you die the guy with most tools wins.
Well? ...and your point is?

I guess I will concede to that.

By the way things look he built the storage system on the wall around
all the tools he has.

Wonder what he would do if he bought another drill. Build a new place
to put it?

I found that after I noticed the fore-mentioned drills and started
looking at all of the stuff he has, I could even pay attention to what
he was saying! : )

Was he saying something?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/6/2014 8:51 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/5/2014 11:08 PM, Bill wrote:

I found that after I noticed the fore-mentioned drills and started
looking at all of the stuff he has, I could even pay attention to what
he was saying! : )

Most of the time, the only reason behind having a shop like that is to
have a shop like that.

My immediate thought was, can we see anything that he has built? Or is
he ready for his first project? ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/6/14, 8:51 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/5/2014 11:08 PM, Bill wrote:

I found that after I noticed the fore-mentioned drills and started
looking at all of the stuff he has, I could even pay attention to what
he was saying! : )

Most of the time, the only reason behind having a shop like that is to
have a shop like that.

Beautiful.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/5/2014 11:08 PM, Bill wrote:

I found that after I noticed the fore-mentioned drills and started
looking at all of the stuff he has, I could even pay attention to what
he was saying! : )

Most of the time, the only reason behind having a shop like that is to
have a shop like that.

My immediate thought was, can we see anything that he has built? Or is
he ready for his first project? ;~)

Mine was how in the world can he use all of that stuff, enough times to
justify the its cost
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/6/2014 9:51 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 2/5/2014 11:08 PM, Bill wrote:

I found that after I noticed the fore-mentioned drills and started
looking at all of the stuff he has, I could even pay attention to what
he was saying! : )

Most of the time, the only reason behind having a shop like that is to
have a shop like that.

Nothing wrong with that, it's what the guy likes.
But I agree.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/5/2014 11:08 PM, Bill wrote:

I found that after I noticed the fore-mentioned drills and started
looking at all of the stuff he has, I could even pay attention to what
he was saying! : )

Most of the time, the only reason behind having a shop like that is to
have a shop like that.

My immediate thought was, can we see anything that he has built? Or is
he ready for his first project? ;~)

Mine was how in the world can he use all of that stuff, enough times to
justify the its cost

Wellllllll I probably have all of that stuff. I just don't hold on to
tools that no longer work and I have 2 large tool chests that are full
that probably would take up more room on the wall than in the picture.

I really wonder if all of those cordless drills still work. Some people
hang on to tools, working or not.

Having said all of that, he may actually make a living or sell his work
which would pay for all of that stuff, all of my stuff has paid for it
self time and again.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 20:47:08 -0800 (PST), Greg Guarino
wrote:

On Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:48:48 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:
Look how many drills he has,

Probably never needs to change a bit.

Actually, I think I have that many drills, if you count drivers. I
see 11?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Look how many drills he has, how organized he is.

Holly Crap.

http://youtu.be/JYxDXHGRRrk

Yeah, he needs another tool or two.

Maybe he thinks that when you die the guy with most tools wins.

Could be a compulsive buyer, or just believe that one more isn't enough.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 08:51:44 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 2/5/2014 11:08 PM, Bill wrote:

I found that after I noticed the fore-mentioned drills and started
looking at all of the stuff he has, I could even pay attention to what
he was saying! : )

Most of the time, the only reason behind having a shop like that is to
have a shop like that.

There is a lot of truth in that sentance. It is easy to end up with a
lot of extra tools though. Before my accident at work I operated out
of 4 different trucks so I accumalated a lot of duplicate tools just
so I wouldn't have to move them from truck to truck and sometimes I
could change trucks more then once in a day. I was working for an
electrical contractor so I needed a fair variety of tools. I suppose
I could get rid of some tools but I do enjoy them. All though unless
I go back to work I have no idea what I'll do with the dual trace
Ocilliscope. And it is handy at times to have an underground locator
ect. I just wish I had the patience to be so organized in storing
them. I'm also a little of the school of hiding it all from view to
not encourage people to visit when I'm not home. Friends give me a
bad time about living in a mobile home in the woods, but I just smile
knowing its been paid for for over 30 years and my property taxes are
about 1/3 of theirs.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

Gee, and I thought it was excessive when I realized I hit five routers.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/17/2014 10:30 PM, LarryLev wrote:
Gee, and I thought it was excessive when I realized I hit five routers.

Actually 5 sounds great, one for each bit that you commonly use.
round over, chamfer, upcut spiral... are 3 common.

1 for table,
1 for whatever bit you need to not upset the others.

--
Jeff

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 23:23:02 -0500, woodchucker
wrote:

On 2/17/2014 10:30 PM, LarryLev wrote:
Gee, and I thought it was excessive when I realized I hit five routers.

Actually 5 sounds great, one for each bit that you commonly use.
round over, chamfer, upcut spiral... are 3 common.

1 for table,
1 for whatever bit you need to not upset the others.

I have five, two in tables (one motor only and one rarely used), a
pony, and two for dovetails.