Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The carved tree

1) Some where I stumbled upon or maybe someone sent me a picture of a
standing tree and after the tree was down and the trunk opened and the
inside carved. (That sentence is a discombobulated but maybe you get
the idea.) Anyway I have uploaded the pictures to a.b.p.w.

2) The alt.crafts.woodturning group is pretty inactive. Does anybody
else know a site where I might learn enough to get started.

Thanks.
Posted to rec.woodworking

.... The alt.crafts.woodturning group is pretty inactive. Does anybody
else know a site where I might learn enough to get started.

Where do you live? There are good woodturning clubs all over the country - and, most likely, there's one near you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 19:19:29 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

.... The alt.crafts.woodturning group is pretty inactive. Does anybody
else know a site where I might learn enough to get started.

Where do you live? There are good woodturning clubs all over the country - and, most likely, there's one near you.

I live in AL and out in the country -if there is such a thing these
days- but based on your suggestion I did a Goggle search and found
some clubs within 50 miles that might work. Long drive but better than
killing time in the house in the winter.

Thanks.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 25 Jan 2014 19:54:37 -0800 (PST), "Gramps' shop"
wrote:

I find the turners forum at Sawmill Creek to be very active with lots of folks willing to offer help to folks new to turning.

Larry

Took a quick look just now and it does indeed look like a good
prospect. Thanks. Jim