Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shelf carriers (metal, plastic or wooden?)

Hi all

I am about to finish this:
http://hot.ee/sonnich/Photo1659.jpg

Now, the cupboards on the sides do not yet have shelfes in them.
Basically I have 3 options, and I am not sure which to pick. I tried to keep it in an old style, my hinges are the type where the door can be lifted off.

1. I could use those plastic corners, but plastic is not the style to use here

2. I could use those round (Ø5mm) carriers, which would make it possible to set the shelfes as I need.

3. I could use wooden carriers, but I guess that will someone limit the heights in the future.

I'd go for 2 or 3, but please tell me your thoughts on this

WBR
Sonnich