Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Ikea Ivar under-shelf wooden drawer runners: dimensions

I have very old Ivar shelving from the 1990s, including the wooden
drawers mounted under the wide (deep) shelves. These drawers employed
wooden runners. There was an "L" profile runner for the sides and a
"T" profile for the centre, between the drawers. Two drawers per
shelf. The runners were screwed to the underside of the shelf.

I've got the drawers (lots of 'em!) but lost the runners in a house
move. Ikea has discontinued them.

Can anyone supply the dimensions of the runners and the fitting
measurements so that I can fabricate my own? I could probably work it
all out from scratch, but if anyone has such drawers, it should be
easy to grab the measurements/dimensions.

Thanks!

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , MM
writes
I have very old Ivar shelving from the 1990s, including the wooden
drawers mounted under the wide (deep) shelves. These drawers employed
wooden runners. There was an "L" profile runner for the sides and a
"T" profile for the centre, between the drawers. Two drawers per
shelf. The runners were screwed to the underside of the shelf.

I've got the drawers (lots of 'em!) but lost the runners in a house
move. Ikea has discontinued them.

Can anyone supply the dimensions of the runners and the fitting
measurements so that I can fabricate my own? I could probably work it
all out from scratch, but if anyone has such drawers, it should be
easy to grab the measurements/dimensions.

some friends of ours might have such drawers, might be able to get
measurements from them. would be a few days though.
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 23:30:33 +0000, chris French
wrote:

In message , MM
writes
I have very old Ivar shelving from the 1990s, including the wooden
drawers mounted under the wide (deep) shelves. These drawers employed
wooden runners. There was an "L" profile runner for the sides and a
"T" profile for the centre, between the drawers. Two drawers per
shelf. The runners were screwed to the underside of the shelf.

I've got the drawers (lots of 'em!) but lost the runners in a house
move. Ikea has discontinued them.

Can anyone supply the dimensions of the runners and the fitting
measurements so that I can fabricate my own? I could probably work it
all out from scratch, but if anyone has such drawers, it should be
easy to grab the measurements/dimensions.

some friends of ours might have such drawers, might be able to get
measurements from them. would be a few days though.

Not urgent. If you get the chance, it would be great. Thanks.

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, February 25, 2011 8:52:57 AM UTC-8, MM wrote:
I have very old Ivar shelving from the 1990s, including the wooden
drawers mounted under the wide (deep) shelves. These drawers employed
wooden runners. There was an "L" profile runner for the sides and a
"T" profile for the centre, between the drawers. Two drawers per
shelf. The runners were screwed to the underside of the shelf.

I've got the drawers (lots of 'em!) but lost the runners in a house
move. Ikea has discontinued them.

Can anyone supply the dimensions of the runners and the fitting
measurements so that I can fabricate my own? I could probably work it
all out from scratch, but if anyone has such drawers, it should be
easy to grab the measurements/dimensions.

Thanks!

MM

Did you get the measurements? I have 3 of these types of shelves so here is the measurement for you.

the center "T" is 17 in. long set in by 1 1/4 in. from the center edge (shelf width) with 3 inset screws.
from the side (indented width) measures in 15 in. from one side
the bottom (vertical) of "T" is 14/16 wide
the arms (horizontal) of the "T" is 1 6/16 in wide
the height or depth of the "T" arms is 6/16 in.
total height of "T" is 1 6/16 in.
the two side "L"
foot (horizontal) of "L" is 15/16 inches wide and 6/16 in deep;
leg (vertical) of "L" is 11/16 in wide and 1 1/16 in deep.

I've done my best with the metal measuring tape; but you know what they say: "measure twice, cut once". And do work of the drawers inset.
Best of Luck to you. (pg)

Replacement drawer runners? SJP UK diy 3 April 24th 09 08:07 PM
Drawer runners [email protected] UK diy 10 October 30th 08 07:34 PM
MFI drawer runners Peter Twydell UK diy 4 April 15th 08 12:30 PM
Hidden shelf runners Connor Aston Woodworking 6 March 15th 06 09:40 PM
Drawer runners Simon Elliott UK diy 4 January 20th 05 02:14 PM