Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drawer runners

Hi

I've gotta fix a broken drawer runner. I assume a bottom fix one would
be easier to retrofit, is that right? I've got clear access
underneath, no side access. I've not much experience with these. How
do you get the alignment precisely right?

cheers, NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 25, 8:02*am, Rod wrote:
wrote:

Hi

I've gotta fix a broken drawer runner. I assume a bottom fix one would
be easier to retrofit, is that right? I've got clear access
underneath, no side access. I've not much experience with these. How
do you get the alignment precisely right?

cheers, NT

Are you talking about fitting one of the new-fangled
metal-slidey-bits-with-wheels?

Er, I dont know... this is what I looked at:
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/11859/...CNSCSTHZOSFEY#
or
http://tinyurl.com/59gb8s

I'd try to identify the manufacturer and look to their documentation.
Certainly works with other Blum products. So far I have managed to get
the alignment right by using the holes provided by the self-assemly
manufactuerer. :-)

Incidentally, I do have a number of such runners (both drawer and
cabinet parts) in the shed. Of course, they are bound to be the wrong
make/size/type - but I could put a pair into a jiffy bag... If you wish
to avail yourself of this once-in-a-lifetime offer, suggest private mail.

Right, thank you, I'll go measure it tomorrow. I spose I'll just have
to use my 3 hands and 4 eyes to line the drawer up while holding the
runner and fixing it underneath.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

wrote:
On Oct 25, 8:02 am, Rod wrote:
wrote:

[...]

I know for sure I have several in the style of the Drawer Sys 450 linked
on that page (but they came off a large unit I recently took to the tip
- not from SF - and are now in box in the way in my shed). Perfect
condition. I am not sure what I have in the way of bottom fix - but
definitely some, somewhere.

--
Rod

onset.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 26, 8:23*am, Rod wrote:
wrote:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/11859/...ttings/Drawer-...
[...]

Right, ta. I dont think I'd be able to aline it properly with a
standard side mount runner, so will go with a bottom one. I dont have
your addy, meow doesnt any more, and I dont want to put an addy here,
so do you want to drop me a line at ukdiy at mailinator dott com

cheers,
NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

wrote:
On Oct 26, 8:23 am, Rod wrote:
wrote:
On Oct 25, 8:02 am, Rod wrote:
wrote:
[...]

My posting email address is valid! (I just ignore the spam.)

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 29, 3:33*pm, Rod wrote:
wrote:
On Oct 26, 8:23 am, Rod wrote:
wrote:
On Oct 25, 8:02 am, Rod wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Yes... but I dont know what it is Google edits them all.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

wrote:
On Oct 29, 3:33 pm, Rod wrote:
wrote:
On Oct 26, 8:23 am, Rod wrote:
wrote:
On Oct 25, 8:02 am, Rod wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Ahhhh! Sorry 'bout that. Only use google groups rarely and then mainly
for looking at archives so I didn't think of that.

The first part is polygonum.

The rest is at ntlworld in the .com domain.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 30, 8:07*am, Rod wrote:
wrote:

My posting email address is valid! (I just ignore the spam.)

Yes... but I dont know what it is Google edits them all.

NT

Ahhhh! Sorry 'bout that. Only use google groups rarely and then mainly
for looking at archives so I didn't think of that.

Its a funny service. OK, I've mailed you. Cheers,

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 30, 5:17*pm, wrote:
On Oct 30, 8:07*am, Rod wrote:

wrote:
My posting email address is valid! (I just ignore the spam.)

Yes... but I dont know what it is Google edits them all.

NT

Ahhhh! Sorry 'bout that. Only use google groups rarely and then mainly
for looking at archives so I didn't think of that.

Its a funny service. OK, I've mailed you. Cheers,

NT

But it failed to get through...

does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected -------
Giving up on 193.38.82.67.

Ugh, technology!

NT

MFI drawer runners Peter Twydell UK diy 4 April 15th 08 12:30 PM
Plastic drawer runners Bob Smith UK diy 7 September 29th 06 09:06 PM
Shorter drawer runners Dan delaMare-Lyon UK diy 4 February 19th 06 09:18 AM
Drawer runners Simon Elliott UK diy 4 January 20th 05 02:14 PM
Help - Replacement Kitchen drawer runners Sean Delere UK diy 3 August 22nd 03 09:37 AM