Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodcarving Magic

Lee Valley Tools is selling a book called Woodcarving Magic. I was
wondering if any carvers here have done similar projects?

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...32&cat=51&ap=1
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Lee Valley Tools is selling a book called Woodcarving Magic. I was
wondering if any carvers here have done similar projects?

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...32&cat=51&ap=1

Never had that much spare time or was bored enough.

--
 GW Ross

 The future ain't what it used to be.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Lee Valley Tools is selling a book called Woodcarving Magic. I was
wondering if any carvers here have done similar projects?

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...32&cat=51&ap=1

I'd rather try to carve a simple "overhand knot", or my own version of
an "infinity sign". But if you find the photo on the cover alluring, go
for it! Personally, when it comes to geometric shapes, I think I'd
rather try origami, as it is surely *much* faster. Based on the photo on
the cover cover, the exercises models appear to be woodcarving
challenges for the sake of woodcarving challenges. Acanthus leaves,
violin scrolls, and floral motifs seem more natural goals for
woodcarving to me. Compared to the two fish I've carved, the photo on
the cover leaves me cold. YMMV.

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:
wrote:
Lee Valley Tools is selling a book called Woodcarving Magic. I was
wondering if any carvers here have done similar projects?

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...32&cat=51&ap=1

I'd rather try to carve a simple "overhand knot", or my own version of
an "infinity sign". But if you find the photo on the cover alluring,
go for it! Personally, when it comes to geometric shapes, I think I'd
rather try origami, as it is surely *much* faster. Based on the photo
on the cover cover, the exercises models appear to be woodcarving
challenges for the sake of woodcarving challenges. Acanthus leaves,
violin scrolls, and floral motifs seem more natural goals for
woodcarving to me. Compared to the two fish I've carved, the photo on
the cover leaves me cold. YMMV.

Bill

I noticed that Amazon allows you to "preview" some of the pages of the
book. The "Bird in a cage" looked interesting! Just pay the $15.01 and
enjoy it!

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/16/2014 11:06 AM, wrote:

Lee Valley Tools is selling a book called Woodcarving Magic. I was
wondering if any carvers here have done similar projects?

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...32&cat=51&ap=1

I have carved a similar carving: Crossed Hearts and Celtic
Knot Hearts. This is a link to a tutorial:
http://www.tristatecarvers.com/CHandCH-b-2.pdf

Woodcarving Bill[_37_] Woodworking 10 January 25th 11 03:35 AM
FS--Freud woodcarving set Bob Schmall Woodworking 0 February 28th 07 07:28 PM
10 yr old boy wants to learn woodcarving from anyone who caninstruct L H Woodworking 4 December 10th 06 04:25 PM
Woodcarving in Northern Virginia [email protected] Woodworking 1 August 17th 06 03:34 PM